This week we have a FUN color challenge for you over on Create with Connie and Mary. Perfect for the holiday season. But wait…does that layout look familiar? Yes! It's the sketch that I used for my Thanksgiving card last week! I liked it SO much, I wanted to make a Christmas card version, too. And, the stamp set I wanted to use for this color challenge worked perfectly with the sketch! Double score!!!
I love how easy it is to use the two-step stamp, Evergreen (still available on the carryover list!) For this one, the top layer of Gold Embossing really makes it SPARKLE and SHINE!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Night of Navy cardstock, folded in half.
- I added a 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 panel of Night of Navy Printed Patterns DSP in the background, rounded the top right corner, then added a 1/2 x 4 1/2 strip of Champagne Glimmer Paper next to it.
- I stamped the tree from Evergreen with Night of Navy ink on Whisper White, then embossed over it with Gold Embossing Powder and the second image. I rounded the bottom left corner with the Corner Rounder Punch. This panel is popped up on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I added a Champagne Glimmer Star to the top.
- I punched the Glimmer Paper with the Artisan Label Punch, then stamped the greeting from Petite Pairs in Night of Navy on Whisper White, and punched the large oval to place on top of it. That also is raised with the Stampin' Dimensionals.
Really, the shine and sparkle on here is SOOOO pretty. And I really do love this sketch! Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did with this week's color challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary! Come play along!