As many of you know, the Typepad platform…what we use for Create with Connie and Mary, has been battling nasty hacker issues for the past few days! Since we were uncertain whether or not the blog would be functional, we decided to set up a Create with Connie and Mary Blog Tour this week for our Design Team! We will still have the challenge, too, on our Create blog…you'll just need to go on the Blog Tour to see the inspiration this week, but upload your cards to Create with Connie and Mary blog as usual! Enjoy!
You've probably just come from designer Margaret Raburn's blog…isn't that a fun card for this challenge, very masculine! We had a FUN color challenge this week! Although the colors didn't immediately say "flowers" to me, I went with that theme anyway!
And here is my card using Mixed Bunch…a set that I haven't pulled out in quite a while! I made this for my mom and dad's anniversary (then forgot to give it to them at Easter!…grrr….)
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Calypso Coral cardstock, folded in half.
- The 4 x 5 1/4 Whisper White is embossed with the Flower Garden folder (on the Retiring list!). I sponged the centers with Calypso Coral ink.
- I took some Calypso Coral Chevron Ribbon across the front and adhered the ends to the back.
- Across the center of the Ribbon, I added a 1/2" x 4" strip of Crumb Cake, stamped with Basic Gray ink with the Hostess Only set, Express Yourself, greeting.
- I stamped the flower from Mixed Bunch with Basic Gray Ink on Calypso Coral, then punched with the Blossom Punch and added it to the front of the card.
- In the flower center, I punched the 7/8 Scallop Circle Punch from Crumb Cake cardstock and added it with a Large Pearl (also retiring!)
I was pretty unsure of the colors, but really like how this turned out! So, next stop is my creative partner, Mary Brown at StamperCamper's Corner! I know you'll love her delightful card this week! Follow the links to continue around the blog tour to all the designers!