I think this new Stampin’ Up! set, Work of Art, is so AWESOME! We received it at the Catalog Premier last month! I’ve done SEVERAL cards with it…but holding off on posting them for now. I think you’ll see a couple during the Tour de Freaks coming up this month! I’m still waiting on the rest of my preorder. I waited until after the Stampin’ Up! cruise to preorder from the new catalog so that I knew if we received any of the new products on the cruise I wouldn’t have duplicates. Then I goofed and forgot to have it shipped 2nd day air…so I’m still waiting on them! Boo…
The sketch challenge today over on Create with Connie and Mary was made for the set! Wait until you see what I did!
So, of course, I had to take the abstract images from Work of Art and turn it into a flower! I think it turned out pretty cool!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Strawberry Slush cardstock, folded in half.
- I cut a 3 3/4 x 5 piece of Whisper White and used the Work of Art brush image with Strawberry Slush Ink for the flower and the same image for the Wild Wasabi leaves. I used the long line image in Wild Wasabi for the stem.
- I stamped the zig zag image in the same set with Soft Sky ink across the bottom, then stamped off and moved it up and stamped again.
- The Just For was stamped with Black Stazon ink, then the You with Strawberry Slush.
- I thought it still needed a little bling, so I used some Coastal Cabana solid twine and tied a bow, then used a Mini Glue Dot to hold it in place. I added some rhinestones randomly on the front.
- The Whisper White layer was placed on 3 7/8 x 5 1/8 layer of Basic Black, then adhered to the front of the card.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card and I hope you do, too!!! I can’t wait to play some more with this fun set! Make sure to put it on YOUR list!
Now, go over to Create with Connie and Mary and check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week! You’ll LOVE their ideas! Then grab your stamps and play along! We love to see your art!