OH…you MUST go over and check out our new look on Create with Connie and Mary! We’ve changed it to go along with the START of Early Bird Pricing for our Summer Collection 2014! We will be featuring new stamps and products from the NEW CATALOG, and we are SO excited to get started! Our wonderful Design Team is back and we know you love their work!
It’s also time for our Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge! LOVE the sketch this week! I’m sure you can come up with LOTS of ideas for it…so come play along!
Here’s the card I did using the fun, new Sea Street stamp set! I love the whimsical style and think it would be fun for ALL ages!
Now, I do have to admit, the octopus is a little tricky to cut out…especially those areas that are enclosed. But, it really didn’t take long once those areas were cut out! Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 of the NEW Blackberry Bliss cardstock. I rounded the corners with the new Corner Punch (it punches like butter!)
- I cut a 3 3/4 x 5 layer of Sahara Sand and stamped the Starfish from Sea Street stamp set with Sahara Sand ink across the bottom and rounded the corners of this piece, too.
- I cut two pieces of the new Moonlight Paper Stack (YUMMY!) and rounded the corners of them.
- The Octopus was stamped with Blackberry Bliss Ink on Whisper White and cut out. I added him/her to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I stamped Happy Birthday with Blackberry Bliss Ink on a strip of Sahara Sand and tucked it under the Octopus.
- Finally, I added some “bubbles” of Rhinestone Jewels above the Octopus!
OK…remember to go check out our new look on Create with Connie and Mary, then check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week! Grab your stamps and play along!