It’s Thursday and time for another Create with Connie and Mary Challenge! We have a fun sketch for you to try…you’ll get different looks each time you do it using Designer Paper with this tip.
Tip: Layer together 3 of the same sized pieces and cut the angles all at once. Then you have pieces for 3 cards by placing them together like a jigsaw puzzle, alternating the designs!
And here is my card! I love the bright colors in Sweet Taffy Designer Paper (it’s part of the Buy 3 get 1 free sale!) and this cute hostess set, Hello Love! Although it is just a little image, I did use my Daffodil Delight Blendabilities, too!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Melon Mambo cardstock, folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Whisper White.
- I placed three different 2 x 5 1/4 pieces of Sweet Taffy Designer Paper together and cut the angles all at the same time. This gave me pieces for 3 different cards just by alternating the designs.
- I cut a Starburst Framelit from Melon Mambo cardstock. and adhered to the front.
- I used another DSP design cut to 1/2 x 3 1/2 for a banner and cut the flag ends.
- I stamped the little birdie and arrow from Hello Love with Memento Black Ink and used the Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie Blendabilities to color.
- The greeting from Hello Love was also stamped with Memento Black Ink.
- I punched the design with the Decorative Label Punch, then placed it over the Starburst and banner with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I added three pink star sequins for some extra bling!
I think it turned out CUTE! Love it and those sweet images in the Hello Love set!
Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary! Then grab your stamps and play along! We love to see what you do with this sketch!