It’s time for another Thursday Challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary! This time it is a FUN sketch, I loved using it to create my card!
Here’s what I did. The cardinal in this Beauty of the Season is so large, I cut it down a little by using the Oval Framelit.
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Whisper White, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Soft Sky.
- A diagonal piece of Nordic Noel Designer Paper was layered on top.
- Next a 1″ strip of the stripe from Nordic Noel DSP was placed horizontally across the front.
- The Beauty of the Season cardinal image was stamped with Tuxedo Black and Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight and Crumb Cake Blendabilities were used to color him in.
- He was cut out with the Oval Framelit and the Oval edges were sponged with Soft Sky Ink. The oval was placed on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- To finish it off, the greeting from Good Greetings Hostess Set was stamped with Real Red on a strip of Whisper White and cut on an angle.
- The Real Red Woven Ribbon was tied with Linen Thread and placed on the front with Mini Glue Dots. Three pearls were colored with the Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities and placed above the angled cut DSP.
I love how this turned out! Make sure you check out the rest of the Challenge Team and their ideas for this sketch over on Create with Connie and Mary! Then grab your stamps and play along! We love to see what you do!
We are working in Week 3 of the Holiday Collections 2014 over on Create with Connie and Mary and it’s not too late to join! Don’t miss out on joining us for some FABULOUS ideas using Christmas and Winter stamp sets in the Holiday Catalog! For only $29.95 US, you’ll get over 24 project tutorials with full directions and photos!