We have a wonderful color combination challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary! Although the colors are very “fall” looking, I wanted to use a Christmas image. I decided they would be great with the nutcracker image in Santa Stache!
And…here’s my card!
Here’s how to make it.
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Blackberry Bliss folded in half.
- On the 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Whisper White, I added 3/4″ strips of the In Color Pattern Designer Papers in Hello Honey, Blackberry Bliss and Tangelo Twist.
- The nutcracker image was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and colored with Blendabilities…although they technically aren’t the colors, they are SO close I thought they passed! I just like coloring with them more than I do the regular markers! I added it to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I cut the mustache from Dazzling Details Glimmer Paper with the framelit and added it to the nutcracker.
- The greeting was stamped on the right side with Blackberry Bliss ink.
- For a little more bling, I punched 3 stars from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and added them on top of the DSP strips.
Lots of fun, huh? OK…now make sure to go check out the rest of the Challenge Team over on Create with Connie and Mary. Then grab your stamps and play along!