This week on Create with Connie and Mary, we have a fun sketch challenge. Since this is posting on Christmas Day, I went with The Newborn King stamp set for my card. You might notice that I only used part of the image. I cut mine up so that I could use it both ways easier…two images for the price of one!
Here’s my take on the sketch:
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/4 x 10-1/2, folded in half to make a square card sized 5 1/4 x 5 1/4.
- The Whisper White layer is 5 x 5.
- I cut a 5×5 piece of Night of Navy Patterns DSP and cut in half at 2 1/2 horizontally, then cut at 1 1/2 vertically. This gives me 4 pieces to make 2 cards. I lined up a short piece on the top of the Whisper White and the wider piece on the opposite corner.
- I inked The Newborn King partial image with Versamark and embossed with White Embossing Powder on Night of Navy cardstock. I cut it out with the Circle Framelit and layered it on a larger size Circle Framelit of Silver Glimmer Paper with Liquid Mono Glue, then popped it up on front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I cut the snowflake from Silver Glimmer Paper using the Snowflake Card Thinlet, then added it to a small 1″ Circle Framelit of Night of Navy cardstock and placed on the front.
- The greeting was stamped with Night of Navy (sorry about the glare) and tucked under the 1″ circle. I cut the other end in a flag cut.
- Finally, I stamped the star in The Newborn King set with Crushed Curry ink in the upper right corner.
Make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team on Create with Connie and Mary to see their beautiful Christmas cards using this sketch! We hope you’ll play along this week…and it doesn’t have to be a Christmas card! lol!
Wishing you a safe and joyous