It’s Thursday and time for another Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge! It’s a fun color challenge, taken directly out of the Birthday Bash Designer Paper colors!
I had purchased the Big On You stamp set in the Occasions Catalog, but hadn’t used it much. I thought this would be a perfect time to pull it out! Isn’t this card fun with the little punch art Party Hats and Pom Pom trim? Sure hope Stampin’ Up! puts that trim back in the ordering system soon!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Whisper White cardstock, folded in half.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crushed Curry, It’s Your Day from Big On You was stamped with Night of Navy Ink and colored with the Crushed Curry Stampin’ Write Marker.
- On the left, a 1-1/2 x 4 strip of Birthday Bash Designer Paper was adhered, then a 1/2 x 4 strip of Calypso Coral hides the seam.
- A 2-1/2 Circle was punched from Night of Navy cardstock and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The party hats were punched from the Birthday Bash DSP with the Petite Pennants Builder Punch, then punched again with Night of Navy cardstock and just the bottom trimmed off the Night of Navy ones to add as the band on the DSP ones.
- Two Calypso Coral Pom Poms were cut off the string and adhered to the tops of the Party Hats with Tombow Monoadhesive Glue, then added to the front of the 2-1/2 Circle with Stampin’ Dimensionals!
- I had a little Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper star on my desk, punched from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack that I added in the bottom right corner for some bling!
Lots of fun for a birthday card, huh? Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did with these colors over on Create with Connie and Mary! And, while you are there…sign up for our latest Card “Create”tions Celebrations session! We just got started with over 72 card ideas from 18 stamp sets! You don’t want to miss it for only $19.95 US!