Once again it is Thursday AND the first day of October! Why is time going by SOOOO fast these days! I’m struggling to keep up! Anyway, a fun sketch today for the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge, hope you play along and show us YOUR interpretation!
At first glance, I thought of snowflakes…then saw that TWO of the Challenge Team Members already used that idea. Then I thought falling leaves…but happened to glance at a set sitting on my desk…Cheer All Year! Those bats would be adorable flying thru the air, don’t you think? So here is what I came up with!
Following are the details on how to recreate this card!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Very Vanilla cardstock, folded in half.
- The Basic Black cardstock layer is cut 4 x 5-1/4.
- Happy Hauntings Designer Paper was cut 3-7/8 x 5-1/8, the Very Vanilla Bakers Twine was wrapped around several times and secured in the back.
- The bat from Cheer All Year was stamped three times with Tuxedo Black Ink on Very Vanilla, then cut out and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Happy Haunting from the same set was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink directly on the Designer Paper.
- For some bling, rhinestone jewels were added for eyes!
Simple, but fits the sketch, don’t you think? Check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
We’ve also started our OCTOBER Mini Session signups! Session opens on October 11th with great card and project ideas for Fall and Christmas! Here’s a sneak peek…more details at Create with Connie and Mary!
The sets we used for October Mini Session are:
- Vintage Leaves (or substitute Lighthearted Leaves)
- Jolly Holly Greetings
- Happy Scenes
- Your Presents
- Thankful Forest Friends
- BONUS: Reason for the Season