Oh wow…can anyone believe it is the middle of October already? Before you know it, we’ll be talking about Thanksgiving in the US and Christmas shopping! Nooooo!!!! I’m not ready!
But, it’s Thursday and you know what that means! It’s the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge! We have a super fun sketch for you to try this week. You’ll be amazed at how different all the designer cards are! Here’s the sketch!
- The base is 5-1/4 x 10-1/2 Night of Navy cardstock, folded in half.
- On the 5 x 5 Whisper White layer, I added 1/2″ strips of Merry Moments Designer Paper, then a 1/4″ strip of Gold Metallic Cardstock on top, in the criss-cross pattern like the sketch.
- I inked the Jolly Christmas greeting with Night of Navy Ink, then removed the color on the holly leaves with a Blender Pen and re-colored with Old Olive and Real Red Markers. I also stamped the greeting again with Red Red Ink on scrap Whisper White, and cut out the Jolly banner to adhere over the Night of Navy one with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The reindeer was stamped with Soft Suede ink on scrap Whisper White, hand-cut and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals, too.
- I used a Red Candy Dot for his nose.
I really like the clean design of this card with lots of white space! OK…now go check out the rest of the Challenge Team to see what they did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
And remember, we just opened our October Create with Connie and Mary Mini Session. Here are some details…it’s not too late to sign up!
* Includes FIVE step-by-step tutorials for projects…THREE card sets, each with 4 cards and TWO 3D items…perfect for your club or stamp camp!
* All FIVE projects are available once the mini collection opens so you immediately have all projects (and tutorials)
* Plus BONUS cards done by Connie and Mary throughout the month!
*Mini session is available NOW!
Sets used for this collection:
- Holly Jolly Greetings
- Vintage Leaves (or Lighthearted Leaves could be used!)
- Your Presents
- Happy Scenes
- Thankful Forest Friends
- BONUS: Reason for the Season