It’s time for another Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge! It’s a beautiful color challenge that we are sure you will like! Come play along!
I used the Sale-A-Bration set, Flowering Fields, for my card:
Here are the details to create it:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Bermuda Bay cardstock.
- A 2-3/4 x 4 piece of Wildflower Fields Designer Paper (another SAB selection) was layered onto a 3 x 4 piece of Blackberry Bliss cardstock and placed on the front.
- A 1/8 X 4 strip of Pear Pizzazz cardstock was adhered across the top portion of the DSP.
- The same size Lots of Label Framelits was cut from Whisper White and Blackberry Bliss. The Blackberry Bliss one was adhered to the front as shown.
- On the Whisper White, the Flowering Fields flower image and butterfly were stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink, then watercolored with Blackberry Bliss, Pear Pizzazz and Bermuda Bay Markers and AquaPainter. Before adding it to the front, two 3/4″ Circles were punched from Pear Pizzazz cardstock and adhered behind the Whisper White label, along with Silver thread wrapped in a circle several times and adhered. The label was popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Finally, Celebrate You from Suite Sayings stamp set was stamped in the lower right corner with Tuxedo Black Ink.
OK….make sure to check out what the rest of the challenge team did this week with the color challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary! And make sure to check out our January Mini Session that will be starting soon! Here’s a sneak peek of what we will be doing this month. AND, we have a special VALENTINE BONUS PROJECT offer, too! See details over there!
Cindee Wilkinson says
So pretty Connie! I love how you combined the two colors. Might have to give that a try.
This is such a wonderful set, and I really like how you selected and featured one of the flowers and coordinated it with the DSP.
Lisa Young says
What a sweet card! I love the soft watercolored flowers and butterfly against the bold layers.
Joanne James says
Very pretty Connie! I love the way you coloured the flowers and butterfly on your little panel and co-ordinated with your chosen DSP and cardstock.
Chris Slogar says
Love how you have softened the colors on the flowers! Very pretty card!
Jenny Engelke says
What fun use of the Wildflower Fields DSP! It works perfectly with the stamps and colors!
Alison Barclay says
So pretty! I love how you coloured the flowers and the elegant layout of your card. Gorgeous!
Lisa Martz says
Great coloring on your flowers. Soft and pretty! Love the layout!
I’m so glad you have this one on your blog. I absolutely adore it! I love those colors together, especially how you colored the flowers.