OK…another card using the Apple of My Eye stamp set for the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge! I loved the sketch this week, but ended up tweaking and tweaking and making TWO cards!
Here’s the first one I did…I ended up “sleeping” on the design overnight, then adding more DSP to the top and I liked it MUCH better than the solid Hello Honey I had originally. You’ll see the second card next week for the SUO Challenge. lol!
And the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Hello Honey cardstock, folded in half.
- The top Wildflower Fields DSP (FREE SAB) was cut 3-1/2 x 4 and the bottom was cut 1-1/2 x 4 and adhered on the front.
- The Whisper White was cut 1-1/2 x 5-1/2, then layered diagonally over the front of the card.
- Hooray was stamped with Blackberry Bliss Ink and You Did It with Tangelo Twist Ink.
- The pear was inked up with Hello Honey Ink, then a sponge dauber used to add some Old Olive ink along the one side. The stem was inked with Chocolate Chip and the leaf with Old Olive Ink. The pear was cut out by hand and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A little 1/2 x 2-1/2 piece of Blackberry Bliss cardstock was tucked up under the Whisper White beneath the pear as per the sketch design!
- A Rhinestone jewel highlights a little bling on the pear!
OK…make sure to check out what the rest of the Thursday Challenge Team did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary! AND…we’re getting ready to open our March Mini Session! Don’t miss out!
March 2016 MINI SESSION
only $8.95 US with a projects using stamp sets from the Occasions Catalog!
* Each session includes FIVE step-by-step tutorials for projects…THREE card sets, each with 4 cards and TWO 3D items…perfect for your club or stamp camp!
* All FIVE projects are available once the monthly mini collection opens so you immediately have all projects (and tutorials)
*Mini Sessions open on the 11th of each month
Sets we are using for the March session:
- Pyramid Pal Thinlets & Large Number Framelits
- Sunburst Sayings Bundle
- Timeless Textures & Cups & Kettle Framelits
- Botanical Blooms Bundle
- Grateful Bunch
Sign up for both March and April and we have a FUN Bonus project for you!
Head over to Create with Connie and Mary to sign up now!