We are winding down the last weeks of the Occasions Catalog, so I’ve been trying to use some of the sets that haven’t seen a lot of love! In the Meadow is one of those sets. I’ve used it a couple times lately and picked it up again for today’s card. I hadn’t used the little grassy flower image yet, so the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary seemed perfect for it!
Here’s my card. Things kind of evolved with this one…it started off in a completely different direction! Funny how that works. I took off the Soft Suede cardstock on the front…it was just too bold for the soft look I was trying to achieve. I did add a little back in with the butterflies and the Candy Dots.
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Whisper White folded in haalf.
- A strip of In Color Washi Tape was added to the left side of the card.
- On top is a 4 x 5 layer of Lost Lagoon cardstock (color retiring SOON! Get it before it is gone!) with the greeting from Watercolor Words stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink in the lower right corner.
- On the 2-1/4 x 5 piece of Whisper White, the grass/flower image was stamped four times with Mint Macaron Ink across. It is colored with the Lost Lagoon Marker. The butterflies image was stamped with Soft Suede Ink.
- Linen Thread was wrapped around several times to hide the “seam”.
- Along the top is a 1/4″ x 5 strip of Mint Macaron cardstock.
- Three Neutrals Soft Suede Candy dots were placed under the Linen Thread.
Make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team over on Create with Connie and Mary, grab your stamps and play along with our color challenge this week!
And…while you are there…we just opened our APRIL Mini Session…it’s not too late to join us! You’ll get 5 awesome projects for only $8.95 US! Sign up today at Create with Connie and Mary!