Hi everyone! Welcome to our weekly Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge! It’s a fun sketch this time! I must admit that I had to do a couple different versions before I ended up with one that I liked! But, grab your stamps and play along with us!
Here’s what I ended up with. I just got the From Land to Sea stamp set when I saw that it would be carried over in the new catalog. I figured it would be good for some masculine cards and my dad’s birthday is coming up soon!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Very Vanilla, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of new Emerald Envy, embossed with the Softly Falling folder.
- A 1-1/2 x 5 strip of Playful Palette DSP Stack was punched on the ends with the Triple Banner Punch.
- A 2-3/4 x 3-1/2 piece of new Dapper Denim is popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The swordfish is stamped with Basic Black Ink on scrap Very Vanilla, watercolored with an AquaPainter and Dapper Denim, Emerald Envy, Smoky Slate and Delightful Dijon markers, then cut out and popped up on the layer with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A 1″ circle is punched from Delightful Dijon cardstock and added to the front.
- The greeting from Greatest Greetings is stamped with Basic Black on a 1/2″ strip of Very Vanilla, then the ends cut with a flag snip.
- Some black sequins from the Neutrals Sequin Pack are added on front with Tombow Monoadhesive Glue.
OK…make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team and see what they did with the sketch this week!
- Each session includes FIVE step-by-step tutorials for projects…THREE card sets, each with 4 cards and TWO 3D items…perfect for your club or stamp camp!
- All FIVE projects are available once the monthly mini collection opens so you immediately have all projects (and tutorials)
- Mini Sessions open on the 11th of each month (June will be released June 18th so our Design Team can use new sets!)
PREVIEW COLLAGE COMING SOON!
Sets used for the JUNE Mini Session:
- Birthday Fiesta
- Flourishing Phrases
- Always an Adventure
- Best Birds
- Shooting Star
Check out more details and sign up at Create with Connie and Mary!