I was SO happy to see the stamp set Jar of Love and coordinating Framelits in the new catalog! You may have noticed that I use those type images in my blog header frequently! Love them! These are especially fun to play with, but for my first card, I used the smallest jar and small flowers!
We have a FUN color challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary…and I pulled this set out to use! The colors and striped paper just remind me of a candy store for some reason! Jennifer and I had the same general idea this week!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Blushing Bride, folded in half.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White, I placed a 3-1/2 x 4 piece of Pool Party cardstock, then added 1/2″ x 4″ strips of Watermelon Wonder In Color Patterns Designer Paper along the sides.
- Whisper White cardstock is cut with the new Layering Oval Framelit and the bushy leaves stamped with Pool Party Ink along the top side.
- The jar was stamped with Memento Black Ink on scrap Whisper White, the bow with Watermelon Wonder, the water with stamped off Pool Party, then the stems with Pool Party Ink. The jar cut with the Everyday Jar Framelit and was added to the Oval with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The flower solids were stamped with Blushing Bride, then Watermelon Wonder Ink detail on top and cut out with the Everyday Jar Framelits. Tiny pearls are in the centers of the larger flowers. The small flowers were stamped with Pool Party, cut out and Watermelon Wonder Marker filled in the center. They were popped up and added above the jar with the new Foam Strip Adhesive…perfect for cutting small pieces and they are thicker than the Dimensionals.
- A Pearl was added to the knot in the bow.
- Finally, the greeting was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink on a scrap of Blushing Bride cardstock, cut with a flag end and tucked under the jar.
LOVE it! OK, make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary.