It’s Thursday…and you know what that means! It’s time for our Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge! It’s a pretty color challenge this week. To be honest, these colors look more like spring to me rather than going into fall! lol!
I think I came up with a pretty neutral card, though…and it was SO simple…the DSP did all the work, along with those wonderful Layering Circles!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Smoky Slate, folded in half.
- The 4 x 4-1/4 A Little Foxy Designer Paper Stack is layered on a 4-1/4 x 4-1/4 layer of Calypso Coral Cardstock.
- A 1/2 x 5-1/2 strip of Pool Party cardstock crosses the front.
- Happy Day from Perfectly Wrapped was stamped with Memento Black Ink on scrap Whisper White and the dotted circle (LOVE!) in that set was stamped with Calypso Coral around it. Then it was cut with the Layering Circles Framelits.
- The Circle was layered on a slightly larger Layered Scallop Circle of Calypso Coral cardstock, then adhered on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Some Silver Sequin Trim was stapled to the edge of the circle.
- Then A bow was made with the 1/8″ Smoky Slate Stitched Ribbon and added to the circle with Mini Glue Dots to hide the staple.
That’s it! Pretty easy, huh? OK…now it’s time to check out the rest of the Challenge Team over on Create with Connie and Mary. And…don’t forget that we just opened the August 2016 Mini Session…it’s not too late to join! Get the details over there! It’s only $8.95 for 5 step-by-step tutorials AND the Holiday Special card set using Star of Light!