It’s Thursday, and that means it is time for another Create with Connie and Mary challenge! It’s a beautiful color challenge this week. Grab your stamps and play along!
Here’s my card. I’ve been wanting to do a shaker card with the new Adhesive Strips and my Twinkle Trees stamp set. I got that stamp set, then had a complete mental block on what to do with it! But, I thought this came out pretty nice!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Sweet Sugarplum cardstock, folded in half.
- The Pool Party on front is cut to 4 x 5-1/4 and embossed with the Softly Falling folder. The largest Layering Oval cut out the shape on the front towards the top.
- May Your Christmas greeting from Wonderful Year stamp set was stamped along the bottom with Tuxedo Black Ink.
- A 3-3/4 x 5 piece of Whisper White was stamped with the squiggle tree in Twinkle Trees using Sweet Sugarplum Ink (I penciled the oval opening so I could get it lined up in the center) and filled in with the small bokeh dots with Pear Pizzazz Ink. Surrounding the tree is snowflakes using Pool Party Ink.
- A 3-3/4 x 5 piece of Window Sheet was adhered to the back of the Pool Party layer, then the Adhesive Foam Tape Strips added all around the edges of the oval on the back side. It was filled with the Fancy Frost Sequins and some microbeads I had on hand. The Whisper White layer went on top of the Foam Strips, then it was adhered to the base Sweet Sugarplum cardstock.
- The Silver 3/8″ Glitter Ribbon was tied in a bow, then adhered with a Mini Glue Dot to the top of the oval.
Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week with the color challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary! And…while you are there…we just opened our October 2016 Mini Session! Get the details on how to sign up over there! Here’s a sneak peek of the 12 cards and two 3D projects we did this month!