We have a color challenge this time on Create with Connie and Mary! I decided to use my Flying Home stamp set again on my card…soon it will be retired and I’ll need to put it away! It is another one that I may keep…love the birdhouse and the bird’s nest in it! We have some Blue Jays in our back yard…love to see their bright blue color in the trees!
Here’s what I designed:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Crumb Cake cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The top portion of the 4 x 5-1/4 Island Indigo cardstock is embossed with the Seaside Embossing Folder and the bottom portion has a 2-1/4 x 4 piece of Coffee Break Designer Paper added.
- A piece of White Metallic Edge Ribbon hides the seam.
- A 1-1/2 x 4-1/2 banner of Crumb Cake was added down the front and cut with a flag end.
- The nest image from Flying Home Stamp Set was stamped with Archival Black on Whisper White and cut with the Layering Oval Framelit. It was watercolored with Island Indigo, Crumb Cake, Old Olive and Crushed Curry Markers and the AquaPainter.
OK..check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did over on Create with Connie and Mary this week! As always, some fabulous designs!
We are calling for SPRING in our next Collection from the January-June Mini Catalog using the DAFFODIL DAYDREAM STAMP SET and DAFFODIL DIES! These spring flower images are perfect for coloring or use the dies to build flowers in a variety of colors! We've combined this Daffodil Daydream Bundle with the FREE Sale-A-Bration Daffodil Afternoon Designer Paper for a coordinated look. Our DAFFODIL DAYDREAM COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a useful 3D project, perfect for your desk! See more details here!
Our next Collection in the January-June Mini Catalog is the darling SWEET CONVERSATIONS STAMP SET and SWEET HEARTS DIES! These cute heart graphics can be used for more than Valentine's Day, think birthdays, anniversaries, weddings...or anytime you want to share a little heart love! We've combined this Sweet Conversations Bundle with the Sweet Talk Designer Paper which also has stripes and non-Valentine prints! Our SWEET CONVERSATIONS COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a cute 3D project to fill with treats! See more details here!