We have a color challenge this time on Create with Connie and Mary! I decided to use my Flying Home stamp set again on my card…soon it will be retired and I’ll need to put it away! It is another one that I may keep…love the birdhouse and the bird’s nest in it! We have some Blue Jays in our back yard…love to see their bright blue color in the trees!
Here’s what I designed:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Crumb Cake cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The top portion of the 4 x 5-1/4 Island Indigo cardstock is embossed with the Seaside Embossing Folder and the bottom portion has a 2-1/4 x 4 piece of Coffee Break Designer Paper added.
- A piece of White Metallic Edge Ribbon hides the seam.
- A 1-1/2 x 4-1/2 banner of Crumb Cake was added down the front and cut with a flag end.
- The nest image from Flying Home Stamp Set was stamped with Archival Black on Whisper White and cut with the Layering Oval Framelit. It was watercolored with Island Indigo, Crumb Cake, Old Olive and Crushed Curry Markers and the AquaPainter.
OK..check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did over on Create with Connie and Mary this week! As always, some fabulous designs!
Ghosts, Skulls, Cats and Pumpkins are hanging out here on Create with Connie and Mary with our CUTEST HALLOWEEN COLLECTION of tutorials! We've designed FOUR fun and easy Halloween favors to give to the ghosts and goblins around your house or workplace! These exclusive treat favors use the CUTEST HALLOWEEN STAMP SET and HALLOWEEN PUNCH, along with the Cute Halloween Designer Paper, and are sure to make the recipient smile! See details here!
We're excited to use Stampin' Up!'s PRETTY PUMPKINS BUNDLE for our next Collection to get us ready for fall! The bundle features pumpkins and vines and leaves...oh my! You'll get three card tutorials (one a special fold card) and a cute fall décor piece you can set out to hold your favorite candy, flowers, or other small items (it's also PERFECT for a tiered tray display!) We've paired the PRETTY PUMPKINS STAMP SET and DETAILED PUMPKIN DIES with the earthy tones of the Beauty of the Earth Designer Paper in this new collection of tutorials. More details here!
Use HOST CODE: W9B3G9EM