We have a color challenge this time on Create with Connie and Mary! I decided to use my Flying Home stamp set again on my card…soon it will be retired and I’ll need to put it away! It is another one that I may keep…love the birdhouse and the bird’s nest in it! We have some Blue Jays in our back yard…love to see their bright blue color in the trees!
Here’s what I designed:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Crumb Cake cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The top portion of the 4 x 5-1/4 Island Indigo cardstock is embossed with the Seaside Embossing Folder and the bottom portion has a 2-1/4 x 4 piece of Coffee Break Designer Paper added.
- A piece of White Metallic Edge Ribbon hides the seam.
- A 1-1/2 x 4-1/2 banner of Crumb Cake was added down the front and cut with a flag end.
- The nest image from Flying Home Stamp Set was stamped with Archival Black on Whisper White and cut with the Layering Oval Framelit. It was watercolored with Island Indigo, Crumb Cake, Old Olive and Crushed Curry Markers and the AquaPainter.
OK..check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did over on Create with Connie and Mary this week! As always, some fabulous designs!
You are going to want these Create with Connie & Mary Abstract Impressions Collection tutorials for your New Catalog Open Houses or classes! One project is a note card set that features all five of the new IN COLORS to fit in awesome handmade box, the other is a card set of four that fits perfectly in a decorated Acetate box! Designed by Connie and Mary, both projects use the Abstract Impressions Stamp Set and Thinlits! FIND THE DETAILS HERE!