Today’s another Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge and this month we are casing cards from the new annual catalog! So much inspiration and it is fun to look at those cards in a different way and apply the colors, the layout, or simply be inspired by the featured card! Here is this week’s card challenge:
And here’s what I came up with using the Tropical Chic Bundle and the layout of the catalog card!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Shaded Spruce cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 piece of Soft Sea Foam cardstock stamped with the “seeds” and long leaf images in Soft Sea Foam Ink.
- Some Nature’s Twine was wrapped around twice and secured in the back of the Soft Sea Foam layer.
- The wider leaf was stamped once in Soft Sea Foam Ink and once with Shaded Spruce Ink, then cut with the Tropical Thinlits.
- The long leaf was also cut with the Thinlits from Shaded Spruce cardstock. All were added to the front.
- The greeting was stamped with Shaded Spruce Ink on a 1-1/2 x 2 piece of Crumb Cake that also had the seeds stamped with Crumb Cake on top. It was added to the front over the leaves with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Two flowers were stamped with Grapefruit Grove Ink and the stems with Basic Black Marker, cut with the Tropical Thinlits and added to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
OK…make sure to check out what the Challenge Team did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary with this latest Case the Catalog challenge! I’m sure there will be LOTS of ideas!
The In The Pines Stamp Set and Pine Wood Dies have some BEAUTIFUL trees in several shapes and sizes! For this In The Pines Collection, we've made FIVE cards (one a special fun fold), and a neat 3D project everyone can enjoy! Two of the cards are non-Christmas to give you an idea how to use this bundle all year around! We've paired this set with the Tis The Season Designer Paper. See the details here!
Who can resist Stampin' Up!'s sweet stamp set bundle, Freezin' Fun! Those little critters DO look like they are having SO much fun racing down those snowy slopes! We've made three cards (one a really "cool" fun-fold card), and a darling 3D project using the FREEZIN' FUN STAMP SET AND FREEZIN' FRIENDS DIES for this Collection, paired with the Snowflake Splendor Designer Paper! You won't want to miss getting this one! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: WMGYQXSV