Today’s another Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge and this month we are casing cards from the new annual catalog! So much inspiration and it is fun to look at those cards in a different way and apply the colors, the layout, or simply be inspired by the featured card! Here is this week’s card challenge:
And here’s what I came up with using the Tropical Chic Bundle and the layout of the catalog card!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Shaded Spruce cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 piece of Soft Sea Foam cardstock stamped with the “seeds” and long leaf images in Soft Sea Foam Ink.
- Some Nature’s Twine was wrapped around twice and secured in the back of the Soft Sea Foam layer.
- The wider leaf was stamped once in Soft Sea Foam Ink and once with Shaded Spruce Ink, then cut with the Tropical Thinlits.
- The long leaf was also cut with the Thinlits from Shaded Spruce cardstock. All were added to the front.
- The greeting was stamped with Shaded Spruce Ink on a 1-1/2 x 2 piece of Crumb Cake that also had the seeds stamped with Crumb Cake on top. It was added to the front over the leaves with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Two flowers were stamped with Grapefruit Grove Ink and the stems with Basic Black Marker, cut with the Tropical Thinlits and added to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
OK…make sure to check out what the Challenge Team did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary with this latest Case the Catalog challenge! I’m sure there will be LOTS of ideas!
Our newest tutorials featuring the FANTASTIC Country Home Collection are NOW AVAILABLE! We fell in love with the "farmhouse" style of the Country Lane Suite of products and are excited for you to see what we did with them! We have three cards (one a special fold) and a wonderful home decor project, all designed by Connie and Mary! See all the details HERE!