Today’s another Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge and this month we are casing cards from the new annual catalog! So much inspiration and it is fun to look at those cards in a different way and apply the colors, the layout, or simply be inspired by the featured card! Here is this week’s card challenge:
And here’s what I came up with using the Tropical Chic Bundle and the layout of the catalog card!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Shaded Spruce cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 piece of Soft Sea Foam cardstock stamped with the “seeds” and long leaf images in Soft Sea Foam Ink.
- Some Nature’s Twine was wrapped around twice and secured in the back of the Soft Sea Foam layer.
- The wider leaf was stamped once in Soft Sea Foam Ink and once with Shaded Spruce Ink, then cut with the Tropical Thinlits.
- The long leaf was also cut with the Thinlits from Shaded Spruce cardstock. All were added to the front.
- The greeting was stamped with Shaded Spruce Ink on a 1-1/2 x 2 piece of Crumb Cake that also had the seeds stamped with Crumb Cake on top. It was added to the front over the leaves with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Two flowers were stamped with Grapefruit Grove Ink and the stems with Basic Black Marker, cut with the Tropical Thinlits and added to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
OK…make sure to check out what the Challenge Team did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary with this latest Case the Catalog challenge! I’m sure there will be LOTS of ideas!
Create with Connie and Mary's next Collection of tutorials combines the Wonderfully Wicked Stamp Set with the Ornate Frames Dies! What a FABULOUSLY spooky combination! We have created SIX fun treat boxes in this Collection with step-by-step photo tutorials. You'll love making these fun little gifts for friends, family and neighbors! Fill with candy or other small items and they are ready to go! Perfect for fall craft fairs! (All but one can easily be adapted for Christmas treats, too!) See all the details HERE!