Happy Thursday…boy, the weeks sure roll around FAST, don’t they? It’s time for another Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge…a color challenge this time!
Hmmm, these colors put me in mind of Spring, not Fall…so it was a little more challenging for me this time of year! I must admit that I scrapped the first card I did using flowers…the Rococo Rose is more of a “muddy” color that just wasn’t working too well with the brighter Grapefruit Grove and So Saffron. So, I ended up using a more unusual set for these colors…Snowman Season! AND…I really LOVE how it turned out! Granted…there is just a TOUCH of the Grapefruit Grove on the nose…but I still used it! lol!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Rococo Rose, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 panel of Whisper White has a Stitched Rectangle cut out of the middle.
- On the back, I added a 2-1/4 x 3-3/4 piece of 2019-2021 In Colors DSP with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals around the opening to hold it.
- A 1 x 2 piece of Sparking Glimmer Paper was cut like a snowdrift across the top, then adhered inside the bottom of the frame.
- The snowman was stamped on a 1-3/4 x 2-1/2 piece of Whisper White cardstock with Memento Black Ink, then colored with So Saffron Light and Rococo Rose Light Stampin’ Blends. The nose was colored with Grapefruit Grove Marker.
- Wink of Stella was added on the white area of his body. He was cut out by hand and added to the inside of the frame with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A trio of Snowflake Sequins were added above his head in the background.
- The greeting in Snowman Season was stamped with Memento Black Ink towards the bottom.
- The Whisper White panel was added to the base card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Did I mention that I REALLY love this card??? I think it may be a contender for my Christmas card this year! I have a stamping retreat coming up and it would be a great time to spend coloring and cutting the snowman out! OK…check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did with this color combination over on Create with Connie and Mary! Some great ideas!
Do you enjoy creating hand-made gifts for co-workers, neighbors, your mail person and package delivery drivers but often run out of time? We are back again this year with a brand-new GIFTS OF GOOD TASTE 2022 COLLECTION with SIX new packaging idea tutorials along with SIX more of our favorite holiday cookie and candy recipes! This year we've used Santa's Delivery Bundle and Santa Express DSP for our decorating ideas, but you could mix the packaging ideas up with stamps and dies you already own...the recipe and package design are what is most important! See more details here!
Celebrate the most magical time of the year with the SNOWMAN MAGIC BUNDLE that helps you create unique, fun, and oh-snow-charming seasonal crafts. We've combined the SNOWMAN MAGIC BUNDLE with the STORYBOOK GNOMES DSP for a wintery background. This Collection of SIX tutorials contains FOUR card tutorials and TWO gift card holder tutorials to get you ready for the holiday season and winter special occasions! See more details HERE!