Happy Thursday…boy, the weeks sure roll around FAST, don’t they? It’s time for another Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge…a color challenge this time!
Hmmm, these colors put me in mind of Spring, not Fall…so it was a little more challenging for me this time of year! I must admit that I scrapped the first card I did using flowers…the Rococo Rose is more of a “muddy” color that just wasn’t working too well with the brighter Grapefruit Grove and So Saffron. So, I ended up using a more unusual set for these colors…Snowman Season! AND…I really LOVE how it turned out! Granted…there is just a TOUCH of the Grapefruit Grove on the nose…but I still used it! lol!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Rococo Rose, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 panel of Whisper White has a Stitched Rectangle cut out of the middle.
- On the back, I added a 2-1/4 x 3-3/4 piece of 2019-2021 In Colors DSP with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals around the opening to hold it.
- A 1 x 2 piece of Sparking Glimmer Paper was cut like a snowdrift across the top, then adhered inside the bottom of the frame.
- The snowman was stamped on a 1-3/4 x 2-1/2 piece of Whisper White cardstock with Memento Black Ink, then colored with So Saffron Light and Rococo Rose Light Stampin’ Blends. The nose was colored with Grapefruit Grove Marker.
- Wink of Stella was added on the white area of his body. He was cut out by hand and added to the inside of the frame with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A trio of Snowflake Sequins were added above his head in the background.
- The greeting in Snowman Season was stamped with Memento Black Ink towards the bottom.
- The Whisper White panel was added to the base card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Did I mention that I REALLY love this card??? I think it may be a contender for my Christmas card this year! I have a stamping retreat coming up and it would be a great time to spend coloring and cutting the snowman out! OK…check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did with this color combination over on Create with Connie and Mary! Some great ideas!
Wow! Have you noticed Stampin' Up!'s PLENTIFUL PLANTS BUNDLE in the new Annual Catalog? So many fun plants and containers to mix and match, plus there is a macramé hanger in it! We've used the PLENTIFUL PLANTS STAMP SET AND PERFECT PLANTS DIES with the coordinating BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED DESIGNER PAPER in this Collection! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a cute little container idea to make for yourself or give as a little gift! More details here!
You don't need to be a "Top Chef" to enjoy our new WHAT'S COOKIN' COLLECTION! These cooking utensils and greeting images are SO fun for the baker or cook in your life! We've used the WHAT'S COOKIN' STAMP SET and COOKIN' DIES with the BRIGHTS 6x6 Designer Paper in this Collection! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a sweet (or savory!) packaging idea that makes a great gift for your host/hostess! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: FMKEVSGR