Hello everyone! Happy Thursday! It’s time for another Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge! This week we have a pretty color combination. I knew right away that I wanted to use flowers…it is spring, right? I was pleasantly surprised how fast winter went by this year! Of course, it helped that I spent a little time with my girlfriend, Annette, who lives in Florida! lol!
Here’s what I did with the color challenge using Forever Blossoms stamp set, Cherry Blossom Dies, and Stitched So Sweetly Dies! I sure hope these Stitched So Sweetly dies are in the new annual catalog…I’m using them ALL the time!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White cardstock, adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals to give it a 3D look.
- A 2-1/4 x 4-1/2 piece of Birthday Bonanza DSP was added to the background towards the right side.
- A 1/2 x 5-1/4 piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock was added on top.
- The largest label in Stitched So Sweetly Dies was cut from Grapefruit Grove cardstock.
- The Happy Birthday greeting from Peaceful Moments was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock, then cut with the next smaller label in the Stitched So Sweetly Dies. They were both added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The large flower stem and single flower from Forever Blossoms stamp set were stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White, then cut with the Cherry Blossom Dies.
- The bottom portion of the large floral image was cut off and all flowers colored with Daffodil Delight, Coastal Cabana and Grapefruit Grove Ink Refills and AquaPainter. They were added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Happiness Blooms Enamel Dots were added to the flower centers and label.
Isn’t that a pretty birthday card? I think so! OK…check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did with the color challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
The In The Pines Stamp Set and Pine Wood Dies have some BEAUTIFUL trees in several shapes and sizes! For this In The Pines Collection, we've made FIVE cards (one a special fun fold), and a neat 3D project everyone can enjoy! Two of the cards are non-Christmas to give you an idea how to use this bundle all year around! We've paired this set with the Tis The Season Designer Paper. See the details here!
Who can resist Stampin' Up!'s sweet stamp set bundle, Freezin' Fun! Those little critters DO look like they are having SO much fun racing down those snowy slopes! We've made three cards (one a really "cool" fun-fold card), and a darling 3D project using the FREEZIN' FUN STAMP SET AND FREEZIN' FRIENDS DIES for this Collection, paired with the Snowflake Splendor Designer Paper! You won't want to miss getting this one! See more details HERE!