Hello everyone! Happy Thursday! It’s time for another Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge! This week we have a pretty color combination. I knew right away that I wanted to use flowers…it is spring, right? I was pleasantly surprised how fast winter went by this year! Of course, it helped that I spent a little time with my girlfriend, Annette, who lives in Florida! lol!
Here’s what I did with the color challenge using Forever Blossoms stamp set, Cherry Blossom Dies, and Stitched So Sweetly Dies! I sure hope these Stitched So Sweetly dies are in the new annual catalog…I’m using them ALL the time!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White cardstock, adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals to give it a 3D look.
- A 2-1/4 x 4-1/2 piece of Birthday Bonanza DSP was added to the background towards the right side.
- A 1/2 x 5-1/4 piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock was added on top.
- The largest label in Stitched So Sweetly Dies was cut from Grapefruit Grove cardstock.
- The Happy Birthday greeting from Peaceful Moments was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock, then cut with the next smaller label in the Stitched So Sweetly Dies. They were both added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The large flower stem and single flower from Forever Blossoms stamp set were stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White, then cut with the Cherry Blossom Dies.
- The bottom portion of the large floral image was cut off and all flowers colored with Daffodil Delight, Coastal Cabana and Grapefruit Grove Ink Refills and AquaPainter. They were added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Happiness Blooms Enamel Dots were added to the flower centers and label.
Isn’t that a pretty birthday card? I think so! OK…check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did with the color challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Create with Connie and Mary is featuring the PAINTED CHRISTMAS SUITE of products for our next Collection of EIGHT CARD TUTORIALS to get you ready for the holiday season! The CHRISTMAS SEASON'S nature-inspired images can be country rustic or formally elegant. We've also used the heartfelt sentiments from the CHRISTMAS TO REMEMBER stamp set, along with the full card sized CHRISTMAS PINECONE DIES for your handcrafted messages! See more details HERE!
Ghosts, Skulls, Cats and Pumpkins are hanging out here on Create with Connie and Mary with our CUTEST HALLOWEEN COLLECTION of tutorials! We've designed FOUR fun and easy Halloween favors to give to the ghosts and goblins around your house or workplace! These exclusive treat favors use the CUTEST HALLOWEEN STAMP SET and HALLOWEEN PUNCH, along with the Cute Halloween Designer Paper, and are sure to make the recipient smile! See details here!
Use HOST CODE: W9B3G9EM