Hello everyone! Happy Thursday! It’s time for another Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge! This week we have a pretty color combination. I knew right away that I wanted to use flowers…it is spring, right? I was pleasantly surprised how fast winter went by this year! Of course, it helped that I spent a little time with my girlfriend, Annette, who lives in Florida! lol!
Here’s what I did with the color challenge using Forever Blossoms stamp set, Cherry Blossom Dies, and Stitched So Sweetly Dies! I sure hope these Stitched So Sweetly dies are in the new annual catalog…I’m using them ALL the time!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White cardstock, adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals to give it a 3D look.
- A 2-1/4 x 4-1/2 piece of Birthday Bonanza DSP was added to the background towards the right side.
- A 1/2 x 5-1/4 piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock was added on top.
- The largest label in Stitched So Sweetly Dies was cut from Grapefruit Grove cardstock.
- The Happy Birthday greeting from Peaceful Moments was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock, then cut with the next smaller label in the Stitched So Sweetly Dies. They were both added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The large flower stem and single flower from Forever Blossoms stamp set were stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White, then cut with the Cherry Blossom Dies.
- The bottom portion of the large floral image was cut off and all flowers colored with Daffodil Delight, Coastal Cabana and Grapefruit Grove Ink Refills and AquaPainter. They were added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Happiness Blooms Enamel Dots were added to the flower centers and label.
Isn’t that a pretty birthday card? I think so! OK…check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did with the color challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Ice cream, ice cream, we all scream for ice cream! And, of course, popsicles, too! For our latest Collection of tutorials, we are using the Sweet Ice Cream Stamp Set and Ice Cream Cone Builder Punch! You'll get SIX unique tutorials that include four cards (one a special fold), a treat box and a special 3D favor! See more details HERE!
Stampin' Up!'s FLOWERING CACTUS PRODUCT MEDLEY is a GREAT value and everywhere you look, cacti are featured as part of home décor! We loved the whimsical cactus images and "punny" greetings in the stamp set, so just had to use it for our next Collection! The Flowering Cactus Product Medley kit comes with stamps, dies, designer paper, felt flowers, and two colors of linen thread, everything you need to make it EASY to create! You'll get FOUR unique tutorials that include three cards (one a special fold), and a fun organizing project! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: SW7NGG27