Happy Thursday! It’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge. This month we are “Casing the Catalog”. Each week, we’ll take a card sample from the catalog and use the layout, colors, or stamps to create our own version. First up is the card on page 18 of the Annual Catalog.
They used the Painted Poppies Bundle in the catalog. I switched it out and used Prized Peony on mine, along with some bright colors!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Magenta Madness cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White cardstock is added on top.
- A 3/4 x 5-1/4 strip of Flowers for Every Seasons DSP was added down the left side.
- The scallop trim was cut with the Peony Die from Magenta Madness cardstock and added on the left side next to the DSP.
- The Square Vellum Doily was colored with the Light Mango Melody Stampin Blends, then added to the front as a diamond shape.
- The large peony in Prized Peony stamp set was stamped once with Magenta Madness Ink, then stamped again with Granny Apple Green Ink on Whisper White cardstock. The blossom was colored with Light & Dark Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Blends and the stem and leaves with Light and Dark Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends. Both were cut out with the Peony Die. Then the blossom cut off the stem and added to the green image with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The flower was added to the doily with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Some Linen Thread was wrapped several times around my hand, then added to the stem with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- The greeting from Prized Peony was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Bumblebee cardstock, cut with the Stitched So Sweetly Die and added on top with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A trio of In Color Bumblebee Enamel Dots were added in the background.
This card is really striking in real life! I love the bright colors and the layout! OK…check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week with their Case the Catalog challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Use HOST CODE: KBB6QS2U
Send out some positive vibes and happy greetings with Stampin' Up!'s LIGHTING THE WAY STAMP SET AND LIGHTING THE WAY DIES! The stamped fireflies will glow with good wishes for anyone or any occasion on your creative projects. And the Lantern's light will show the way thru those warm summer adventures! We've combined the LIGHTING THE WAY BUNDLE with the REGENCY PARK DESIGNER PAPER for a unique fun-filled collection. Our LIGHTING THE WAY COLLECTION has step-by-step instructions for FOUR projects...three cards (one a fun fold!) and a sweet home decor project perfect for someone setting off on a new adventure that you'll love to display! See more details HERE!
These rhinos will stomp their way into your heart with their cute expressions and fun accessories! The new online exclusive RHINO READY BUNDLE lets you create settings for your rhinos on cards, favors or other paper projects! And the open line stamp images allow you to create in any color your wish, plus add an adorable greeting! We've combined the RHINO READY BUNDLE with the BUTTERFLY WISHES DESIGNER PAPER for a bright and cheery collection! Our RHINO READY COLLECTION has step-by-step instructions for FOUR projects...three cards (one a fun fold!) and a cute packaging idea that can be used for any occasion! See more details HERE!
Hop, hop, hop on over and grab our new EASTER BUNNY COLLECTION! The EASTER BUNNY STAMP SET is perfect to make projects for Easter, spring, baby, or other sweet occasions! Build a little scene with these fun elements and color away! We've combined the EASTER BUNNY STAMP SET with the FANCY FLORA DESIGNER PAPER for a springy pastel look. Our EASTER BUNNY COLLECTION has step-by-step instructions for SIX projects...four cards and two fun favors that can be used for any occasion! See more details here!
Wow, this is pretty!
Susan Christopherson says
Beautiful peony, love how you combine many different details for a lovely card.