Happy Thursday! It’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge. This month we are “Casing the Catalog”. Each week, we’ll take a card sample from the catalog and use the layout, colors, or stamps to create our own version. First up is the card on page 18 of the Annual Catalog.
They used the Painted Poppies Bundle in the catalog. I switched it out and used Prized Peony on mine, along with some bright colors!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Magenta Madness cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White cardstock is added on top.
- A 3/4 x 5-1/4 strip of Flowers for Every Seasons DSP was added down the left side.
- The scallop trim was cut with the Peony Die from Magenta Madness cardstock and added on the left side next to the DSP.
- The Square Vellum Doily was colored with the Light Mango Melody Stampin Blends, then added to the front as a diamond shape.
- The large peony in Prized Peony stamp set was stamped once with Magenta Madness Ink, then stamped again with Granny Apple Green Ink on Whisper White cardstock. The blossom was colored with Light & Dark Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Blends and the stem and leaves with Light and Dark Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends. Both were cut out with the Peony Die. Then the blossom cut off the stem and added to the green image with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The flower was added to the doily with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Some Linen Thread was wrapped several times around my hand, then added to the stem with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- The greeting from Prized Peony was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Bumblebee cardstock, cut with the Stitched So Sweetly Die and added on top with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A trio of In Color Bumblebee Enamel Dots were added in the background.
This card is really striking in real life! I love the bright colors and the layout! OK…check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week with their Case the Catalog challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Stampin' Up! has outdone themselves with this pretty fall set called Nature's Harvest! It has flowers, leaves, branches and some wonderful greetings and we love the detailed Harvest Dies! For this Collection, we've paired the NATURE'S HARVEST BUNDLE with the coordinating Harvest Meadow Designer Paper for an explosion of muted fall colors and fun designs! You'll get SIX card ideas and TWO easy 3D projects using this gorgeous bundle! That's a total of EIGHT tutorials! See more details here!
Aren't those sheep just the CUTEST? How on earth could you ever resist getting them! We couldn't wait to play with this set and build a card tutorial Collection for you that we know you will love! AND...best of all you can get the stamp set and dies for FREE during Stampin' Up!'s Sale-A-Bration period! For this Collection, we've paired the COUNTING SHEEP STAMP SET and SHEEP DIES with the Border Basics Dies and Pattern Party Designer Paper for a bright and cheerful look! You'll get SIX card ideas using this fun bundle! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: KWK2ZCM9