Happy Thursday! It’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge. This month we are “Casing the Catalog”. Each week, we’ll take a card sample from the catalog and use the layout, colors, or stamps to create our own version. First up is the card on page 18 of the Annual Catalog.
They used the Painted Poppies Bundle in the catalog. I switched it out and used Prized Peony on mine, along with some bright colors!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Magenta Madness cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White cardstock is added on top.
- A 3/4 x 5-1/4 strip of Flowers for Every Seasons DSP was added down the left side.
- The scallop trim was cut with the Peony Die from Magenta Madness cardstock and added on the left side next to the DSP.
- The Square Vellum Doily was colored with the Light Mango Melody Stampin Blends, then added to the front as a diamond shape.
- The large peony in Prized Peony stamp set was stamped once with Magenta Madness Ink, then stamped again with Granny Apple Green Ink on Whisper White cardstock. The blossom was colored with Light & Dark Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Blends and the stem and leaves with Light and Dark Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends. Both were cut out with the Peony Die. Then the blossom cut off the stem and added to the green image with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The flower was added to the doily with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Some Linen Thread was wrapped several times around my hand, then added to the stem with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- The greeting from Prized Peony was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Bumblebee cardstock, cut with the Stitched So Sweetly Die and added on top with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A trio of In Color Bumblebee Enamel Dots were added in the background.
This card is really striking in real life! I love the bright colors and the layout! OK…check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week with their Case the Catalog challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
The NEW Annual Catalog is here and we are SO excited with all the FUN new things it offers! Nothing can make you smile more than seeing a garden full of colorful pansies, so for our first Collection we just couldn't resist the gorgeous Pansy Patch Bundle. We know you'll love the embossed Pansy Dies that enhance the detailed Pansy Patch stamp set. Plus, it has some beautiful font greetings! We've used PANSY PATCH BUNDLE with the PANSY PETALS DESIGNER PAPER for a colorful Collection with four card ideas and two gift packaging ideas! See more details HERE!
While we anxiously wait for the new Annual Catalog, do you want a perfect QUICK & EASY Product Class idea that features a couple retiring items? Or, do you often need a little gift box in a hurry? Have your customers (or you!) purchase the Perfect Parcel Dies (clearance for $14) and Flowers for Every Season Designer Paper (clearance for $6.90). You'll get four different box ideas (two are uniquely altered!) using this colorful and seasonal Collection and will have a TON of designer paper left to make more! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: DK7E6VQ6