Happy Thursday! It’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge. This month we are “Casing the Catalog”. Each week, we’ll take a card sample from the catalog and use the layout, colors, or stamps to create our own version. First up is the card on page 18 of the Annual Catalog.
They used the Painted Poppies Bundle in the catalog. I switched it out and used Prized Peony on mine, along with some bright colors!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Magenta Madness cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White cardstock is added on top.
- A 3/4 x 5-1/4 strip of Flowers for Every Seasons DSP was added down the left side.
- The scallop trim was cut with the Peony Die from Magenta Madness cardstock and added on the left side next to the DSP.
- The Square Vellum Doily was colored with the Light Mango Melody Stampin Blends, then added to the front as a diamond shape.
- The large peony in Prized Peony stamp set was stamped once with Magenta Madness Ink, then stamped again with Granny Apple Green Ink on Whisper White cardstock. The blossom was colored with Light & Dark Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Blends and the stem and leaves with Light and Dark Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends. Both were cut out with the Peony Die. Then the blossom cut off the stem and added to the green image with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The flower was added to the doily with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Some Linen Thread was wrapped several times around my hand, then added to the stem with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- The greeting from Prized Peony was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Bumblebee cardstock, cut with the Stitched So Sweetly Die and added on top with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A trio of In Color Bumblebee Enamel Dots were added in the background.
This card is really striking in real life! I love the bright colors and the layout! OK…check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week with their Case the Catalog challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
We are excited for our second August-December Catalog Collection for the holidays featuring the fabulous Making a Difference COMING HOME BUNDLE of products! This Collection of SIX card tutorials would make a great World Card Making Day or product class...either in person or online and we've paired it with Itty Bitty Greetings. See more details HERE!
Do you love trees? We LOVE trees! We are kicking off the upcoming August-December Catalog (formerly called Holiday Catalog) with the gorgeous Life is Beautiful Stamp Set! It has a wonderful full-branch tree in it! This EXPANDED collection of SIX tutorials has a delightful home décor project that can be changed for each season, and TWO card ideas! These are easy enough to complete in one class, or split them into two classes by doing two seasons and a card each class! You also could include the Life is Beautiful Stamp Set for an awesome product class! See more details HERE!