Happy Thursday! It’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge. This month we are “Casing the Catalog”. Each week, we’ll take a card sample from the catalog and use the layout, colors, or stamps to create our own version. First up is the card on page 18 of the Annual Catalog.
They used the Painted Poppies Bundle in the catalog. I switched it out and used Prized Peony on mine, along with some bright colors!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Magenta Madness cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White cardstock is added on top.
- A 3/4 x 5-1/4 strip of Flowers for Every Seasons DSP was added down the left side.
- The scallop trim was cut with the Peony Die from Magenta Madness cardstock and added on the left side next to the DSP.
- The Square Vellum Doily was colored with the Light Mango Melody Stampin Blends, then added to the front as a diamond shape.
- The large peony in Prized Peony stamp set was stamped once with Magenta Madness Ink, then stamped again with Granny Apple Green Ink on Whisper White cardstock. The blossom was colored with Light & Dark Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Blends and the stem and leaves with Light and Dark Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends. Both were cut out with the Peony Die. Then the blossom cut off the stem and added to the green image with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The flower was added to the doily with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Some Linen Thread was wrapped several times around my hand, then added to the stem with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- The greeting from Prized Peony was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Bumblebee cardstock, cut with the Stitched So Sweetly Die and added on top with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A trio of In Color Bumblebee Enamel Dots were added in the background.
This card is really striking in real life! I love the bright colors and the layout! OK…check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week with their Case the Catalog challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Use HOST CODE: VB9JV42Q
Create some winter magic with Stampin' Up!'s MAGICAL MEADOW BUNDLE! The delicate sprigs, berries and foliage combined with fine-line greetings promote winter's subtle beauty. Add a birthday, anniversary or get well greeting instead for an extra special message to warm up the cold weather months. Our MAGICAL MEADOW CARD COLLECTION features the MAGICAL MEADOW BUNDLE with the WINTER MEADOW DESIGNER PAPER. There are step-by-step tutorial instructions for SIX cards in this Collection! See more details HERE!
Celebrating a holly, jolly Christmas or any festive occasion is SO easy using Stampin' Up!'s MERRY & BRIGHT STAMP SET & DIES! Mix and match the word block greetings and use the two different types of lights for bright and colorful fun and instant cheer on your paper projects. Our MERRY & BRIGHT COLLECTION features the MERRY & BRIGHT BUNDLE with the MERRY BOLD & BRIGHT DESIGNER PAPER to make quick cards or decorations for any type of party. There are step-by-step tutorial instructions for SIX projects...four card designs AND two gift card holder ideas! See more details HERE!
Winter trees to Christmas scenes, our MERRIEST TREES COLLECTION has you covered! With multiple sizes of trees, presents, ornaments and stars that double as snowflakes, you won't run out of creative options using this set! We featured the MERRIEST TREES STAMP SET AND DIES with the A WALK IN THE FOREST DESIGNER PAPER to share the love of Christmas and the entire winter season. There are step-by-step instructions for four projects...three card designs (one a fun fold) and a special project to use yourself, sell at craft fairs, or give away as a gift during the holidays! See more details HERE!