Happy Thursday! It’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge. This month we are “casing the catalog” by choosing cards in the Annual Catalog to recreate…use the basic layout or colors, but change it up.
I used Stampin’ Up!’s Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set for my card, along with a couple of the new In Colors for this year! I loved the greeting in it and thought it would work for the repetitive background like shown in the sample.
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Bumblebee cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Early Espresso.
- The 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 layer of Cinnamon Cider cardstock was stamped with the greeting from Celebrate Sunflower stamp set using the Stamparatus to space it evenly down the front, using Cinnamon Cider Ink for a tone-on-tone look. Then it was embossed with the Tasteful Textures Embossing Folder.
- A label from Tasteful Labels was cut from Vellum and added to the front.
- The Bumblebee gingham ribbon was looped and adhere with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- The sunflower was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock and colored with Daffodil Delight Combo, Light Mango Melody, Cinnamon Cider Combo, Granny Apple Green Combo Stampin’ Blends. It was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I thought this turned out pretty cool! I need to use my Stamparatus more often for this technique! Check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week with the “case the catalog” challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Use HOST CODE: YCV2ZW6S
Stampin' Up! is introducing a special early release product suite from the Jan-June 2022 Mini Catalog called EDEN'S GARDEN! This Eden's Garden Suite is filled with sweet greetings, flourishing foliage images and blooming with garden frames and borders, plus a touch of metallic gold! We've used this upcoming Eden's Garden Stamp Set, Eden Dies and Ever Eden Designer Paper for our next Collection featuring FOUR card tutorials and TWO small favor packaging tutorials! See more details HERE!
Stampin' Up!'s FROSTED GINGERBREAD BUNDLE is just the sweetest! The larger images can be used to make yummy iced gingerbread paper cookies or elegant ornaments and snowflakes! Use the dies to cut out images directly from the Designer Paper, too! We've used the FROSTED GINGERBREAD STAMP SET and GINGERBREAD DIES, along with the GINGERBREAD AND PEPPERMINTS DESIGNER PAPER for our next Collection featuring THREE card tutorials (one a special fold) and a great gift idea for the holidays! See more details here!