Happy Thursday! It’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge. This month we are “casing the catalog” by choosing cards in the Annual Catalog to recreate…use the basic layout or colors, but change it up.
I used Stampin’ Up!’s Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set for my card, along with a couple of the new In Colors for this year! I loved the greeting in it and thought it would work for the repetitive background like shown in the sample.
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Bumblebee cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Early Espresso.
- The 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 layer of Cinnamon Cider cardstock was stamped with the greeting from Celebrate Sunflower stamp set using the Stamparatus to space it evenly down the front, using Cinnamon Cider Ink for a tone-on-tone look. Then it was embossed with the Tasteful Textures Embossing Folder.
- A label from Tasteful Labels was cut from Vellum and added to the front.
- The Bumblebee gingham ribbon was looped and adhere with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- The sunflower was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock and colored with Daffodil Delight Combo, Light Mango Melody, Cinnamon Cider Combo, Granny Apple Green Combo Stampin’ Blends. It was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I thought this turned out pretty cool! I need to use my Stamparatus more often for this technique! Check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week with the “case the catalog” challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
We fell in LOVE with the Season's Blessings Bundle (especially the baskets!) and couldn't wait to do a set of SEASONAL cards with it! In this Collection, you'll get EIGHT card ideas...two for each season...spring, summer, fall and winter! You'll be ready to go for ANY occasion! We've paired the SEASONAL BLESSINGS STAMP SET and SEASONAL BASKET DIES with TIDINGS OF CHRISTMAS DESIGNER PAPER. See more details HERE!
Stampin' Up!'s IN SYMMETRY PUNCH BUNDLE in the new Annual Catalog has a sweet retro feel with several flower shapes, stems and greetings that you can mix and match to create even more fun and flirty flowers. Add in the fun matching designer paper and you have a winner! We've used the IN SYMMETRY STAMP SET and SYMMETRICAL STEMS BORDER PUNCH with the coordinating SWEET SYMMETRY DESIGNER PAPER in this cards-only Collection! You'll get SIX unique card tutorials featuring these fun products! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: PHW7X7A6