Happy Thursday! It’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge. This month we are “casing the catalog” by choosing cards in the Annual Catalog to recreate…use the basic layout or colors, but change it up.
I used Stampin’ Up!’s Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set for my card, along with a couple of the new In Colors for this year! I loved the greeting in it and thought it would work for the repetitive background like shown in the sample.
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Bumblebee cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Early Espresso.
- The 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 layer of Cinnamon Cider cardstock was stamped with the greeting from Celebrate Sunflower stamp set using the Stamparatus to space it evenly down the front, using Cinnamon Cider Ink for a tone-on-tone look. Then it was embossed with the Tasteful Textures Embossing Folder.
- A label from Tasteful Labels was cut from Vellum and added to the front.
- The Bumblebee gingham ribbon was looped and adhere with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- The sunflower was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock and colored with Daffodil Delight Combo, Light Mango Melody, Cinnamon Cider Combo, Granny Apple Green Combo Stampin’ Blends. It was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I thought this turned out pretty cool! I need to use my Stamparatus more often for this technique! Check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week with the “case the catalog” challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Stampin' Up!'s new CURVY CELEBRATIONS SUITE is an early release of the QUITE CURVY STAMP SET AND CURVY DIES that will be in the new January-June 2021 Mini Catalog. We've combined it with the coordinating Christmas stamp set, CURVY CHRISTMAS and CLASSIC CHRISTMAS DESIGNER PAPER in this Collection of EIGHT card tutorials! See more details HERE!
Our first Christmas collection for the season is the beautiful POINSETTIA PETALS SUITE of products in a variety of colors! Our POINSETTIA PETALS COLLECTION has FOUR cards and two small 3D projects, perfect for the upcoming Christmas holiday, for a total of SIX brand new tutorials! See more details here!
Use HOST CODE: XZVN372F