Happy Thursday! It’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge. This month we are “casing the catalog” by choosing cards in the Annual Catalog to recreate…use the basic layout or colors, but change it up.
I used Stampin’ Up!’s Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set for my card, along with a couple of the new In Colors for this year! I loved the greeting in it and thought it would work for the repetitive background like shown in the sample.
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Bumblebee cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Early Espresso.
- The 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 layer of Cinnamon Cider cardstock was stamped with the greeting from Celebrate Sunflower stamp set using the Stamparatus to space it evenly down the front, using Cinnamon Cider Ink for a tone-on-tone look. Then it was embossed with the Tasteful Textures Embossing Folder.
- A label from Tasteful Labels was cut from Vellum and added to the front.
- The Bumblebee gingham ribbon was looped and adhere with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- The sunflower was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock and colored with Daffodil Delight Combo, Light Mango Melody, Cinnamon Cider Combo, Granny Apple Green Combo Stampin’ Blends. It was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I thought this turned out pretty cool! I need to use my Stamparatus more often for this technique! Check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week with the “case the catalog” challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Could the Snail Mail Suite of products be ANY cuter? Look at those little faces and those Resin Hearts...oh my! We are using the Snailed It Stamp Set and Snail Dies for our next Collection of tutorials! For this Snailed It Collection, we've made three cards (one a fun fold), and an absolutely FUN and unique favor box that is perfect for your stamp camps and classes! You'll want to make several to give away! See more details here!
For our Friends are Like Seashells Collection, we've made FOUR cards (one a fun fold), a small favor and a 3D project that are perfect for your stamp camps and classes! This bundle has a coordinating 3D Embossing Folder that can be used with the large die for a stamp, emboss and cut combo that has so much texture, they almost look real! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: DFQD4KKC