Happy Thursday! It’s time for a Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge. We have a pretty color combination for you this week. I was inspired to use it for a non-traditional colored Christmas card!
SWEETS & TREATS STAMP SET
One thing I liked best about this set is that it really can be used for all occasions, but I LOVE that fig pudding image! It reminds me of the Nothing Bundt Cakes if you have those stores around you! So fun to get an individual sized bundt cake…and they are SO delicious! This card came together really quickly!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Petal Pink cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded to form the base card.
- A 2-1/2 x 5 piece of Night of Navy was added to the background.
- The 2-1/4 x 4 piece of Pansy Patch Designer Paper was wrapped with Soft Succulent Open Weave Ribbon tied in a knot and added on top towards the left.
- A 2-3/4 x 3-1/2 piece of Basic White was added on top with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The fig pudding and cake stand images from Sweets & Treats Stamp Set were stamped with Night of Navy Ink on scrap Basic White, then colored with Petal Pink and Soft Succulent Stampin’ Blends (be careful so the Night of Navy Ink doesn’t smear). They were hand-cut and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The greeting from Sweets & Treats was stamped with Night of Navy Ink on Petal Pink cardstock, then punched with the Double Oval Punch and added on top with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Some Wink of Stella was added to the “frosting” (again, be careful).
- A trio of In Color Jewels were added to the background for some bling!
I was unsure if I needed to get this set or not, but SO happy that I did! Next up is making some birthday cards! Go check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did with this color combination over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Ghosts, Skulls, Cats and Pumpkins are hanging out here on Create with Connie and Mary with our CUTEST HALLOWEEN COLLECTION of tutorials! We've designed FOUR fun and easy Halloween favors to give to the ghosts and goblins around your house or workplace! These exclusive treat favors use the CUTEST HALLOWEEN STAMP SET and HALLOWEEN PUNCH, along with the Cute Halloween Designer Paper, and are sure to make the recipient smile! See details here!
We're excited to use Stampin' Up!'s PRETTY PUMPKINS BUNDLE for our next Collection to get us ready for fall! The bundle features pumpkins and vines and leaves...oh my! You'll get three card tutorials (one a special fold card) and a cute fall décor piece you can set out to hold your favorite candy, flowers, or other small items (it's also PERFECT for a tiered tray display!) We've paired the PRETTY PUMPKINS STAMP SET and DETAILED PUMPKIN DIES with the earthy tones of the Beauty of the Earth Designer Paper in this new collection of tutorials. More details here!
Use HOST CODE: W9B3G9EM