Hello! It’s Thursday and you know that means it is time for a Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge. We have a fun sketch for you to try this week! I’ve said it before, but I LOVE sketch challenges!
To me, this sketch calls for the designer paper to be the star…and I LOVE the colors and patterns in the FREE SAB Designer Paper called Penguin Playmates! Not only do it have some cool stripes and dots…it also has images that you can hand-cut! I debated to use on of the hand-cut animals in the DSP, but then decided to use the Penguin Place Stamp Set to make my penguin.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Basic White, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Fresh Freesia is embossed with the Wintry Embossing Folder.
- Two 2-1/2 x 3-1/2 panels of Penguin Playmates Designer Paper was added to the front.
- One of the Wonderful Snowflakes was added to the DSP.
- The greeting from Penguin Place stamp set is stamped with Misty Moonlight Ink on scrap Basic White cardstock, then cut with the Harvest Die label. It was added over the snowflake with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The penguin was stamped with Memento Black Ink, the beak and foot with Pumpkin Pie Ink, the hat and scarf with Misty Moonlight Ink. All were hand-cut and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Two of the purple Cute Stars were added to the label.
I just think this DSP and stamp set is SO adorable, don’t you? Go check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did with this sketch over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Ghosts, Skulls, Cats and Pumpkins are hanging out here on Create with Connie and Mary with our CUTEST HALLOWEEN COLLECTION of tutorials! We've designed FOUR fun and easy Halloween favors to give to the ghosts and goblins around your house or workplace! These exclusive treat favors use the CUTEST HALLOWEEN STAMP SET and HALLOWEEN PUNCH, along with the Cute Halloween Designer Paper, and are sure to make the recipient smile! See details here!
We're excited to use Stampin' Up!'s PRETTY PUMPKINS BUNDLE for our next Collection to get us ready for fall! The bundle features pumpkins and vines and leaves...oh my! You'll get three card tutorials (one a special fold card) and a cute fall décor piece you can set out to hold your favorite candy, flowers, or other small items (it's also PERFECT for a tiered tray display!) We've paired the PRETTY PUMPKINS STAMP SET and DETAILED PUMPKIN DIES with the earthy tones of the Beauty of the Earth Designer Paper in this new collection of tutorials. More details here!
Use HOST CODE: W9B3G9EM