This week’s CCM Saturday Blog Hop theme is “Modern Christmas”. I haven’t used my Penguin Place stamp set at ALL this year. I decided to create a modern “Rudolph” for this week’s card and make a square card instead of the normal rectangle size!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 8-1/2 Poppy Parade cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 3-3/4 x 3-3/4 Pool Party layer was embossed with the Whimsical Woodland Embossing Folder for a contemporary look and layered on a 4 x 4 piece of Basic White cardstock.
- The three striped Sweetest Christmas DSP was cut into 1/4 x 5-1/2 pieces and laid on an angle in the bottom corner, the excess DSP was trimmed off. The layers were added to the Poppy Parade base.
- The antlers from Penguin Place were stamped with Early Espresso Ink on Basic White cardstock, the eyes with Memento Black Ink, the nose with Poppy Parade Ink. It was punched with the Decorative Circle Punch.
- Season’s Greetings from Penguin Place stamp set was stamped with Memento Black Ink on a 1/2 x 2 piece of Poppy Parade cardstock. The end was cut at an angle and added to the front with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A trio of Polished Dots were added in the background.
OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa Davies’ fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Stamp Sets: Penguin Place
Inks: Early Espresso, Memento Black, Poppy Parade
C/S: Basic White, Pool Party, Poppy Parade, Sweetest Christmas DSP
Accessories: Decorative Circle Punch, Whimsical Woodland EF, Polished Dots, Adhesives
Use HOST CODE: KBB6QS2U
Send out some positive vibes and happy greetings with Stampin' Up!'s LIGHTING THE WAY STAMP SET AND LIGHTING THE WAY DIES! The stamped fireflies will glow with good wishes for anyone or any occasion on your creative projects. And the Lantern's light will show the way thru those warm summer adventures! We've combined the LIGHTING THE WAY BUNDLE with the REGENCY PARK DESIGNER PAPER for a unique fun-filled collection. Our LIGHTING THE WAY COLLECTION has step-by-step instructions for FOUR projects...three cards (one a fun fold!) and a sweet home decor project perfect for someone setting off on a new adventure that you'll love to display! See more details HERE!
These rhinos will stomp their way into your heart with their cute expressions and fun accessories! The new online exclusive RHINO READY BUNDLE lets you create settings for your rhinos on cards, favors or other paper projects! And the open line stamp images allow you to create in any color your wish, plus add an adorable greeting! We've combined the RHINO READY BUNDLE with the BUTTERFLY WISHES DESIGNER PAPER for a bright and cheery collection! Our RHINO READY COLLECTION has step-by-step instructions for FOUR projects...three cards (one a fun fold!) and a cute packaging idea that can be used for any occasion! See more details HERE!
Hop, hop, hop on over and grab our new EASTER BUNNY COLLECTION! The EASTER BUNNY STAMP SET is perfect to make projects for Easter, spring, baby, or other sweet occasions! Build a little scene with these fun elements and color away! We've combined the EASTER BUNNY STAMP SET with the FANCY FLORA DESIGNER PAPER for a springy pastel look. Our EASTER BUNNY COLLECTION has step-by-step instructions for SIX projects...four cards and two fun favors that can be used for any occasion! See more details here!