Hello! It’s Thursday and you know that means it is time for a Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge. We have great sketch challenge this week!
I’ve used Stampin’ Up!’s Cactus Cuties stamp set for my card today…and you’ll note that Mary used the same set! We hadn’t talked or seen each other’s cards until I went to upload mine! Too funny…that happens a lot with us!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Shaded Spruce cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Friendly Hello Designer Paper was added on top.
- A 3-1/4 x 3-1/4 piece of Pool Party cardstock was stamped with the greeting from Cactus Cuties stamp set in Shaded Spruce Ink in the upper right corner.
- The narrow label from the upcoming Waves Dies was cut from Shaded Spruce cardstock, cut in half, then adhered behind the Pool Party as directed by the sketch. Then the square was adhered to the front.
- A 3/4 x 3-3/4 strip of coordinating Friendly Hello DSP was added across the top of it.
- On Basic White cardstock, the large cactus was stamped with Shaded Spruce, it’s container with Pale Papaya Ink, the smaller plant with Granny Apple Green Ink and the container with Cinnamon Cider Ink. The two flowers were stamped with Fresh Freesia Ink.
- The Cactus Builder Punch was used to punch the one container and the others were hand-cut, then everything added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Some Iridescent Rhinestones were added to the flowers and the one container for a little bling!
I love how this turned out so summery looking! Go check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did with this sketch over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Use HOST CODE: GWQPRERQ
Make someone their favorite beverage card or project by personalizing it using Stampin' Up!'s LATTE LOVE BUNDLE! This bundle is available now for demonstrators to preorder and to customers beginning March 1st as part of the new Online Exclusives offering! The hot chocolate and coffee art images are sure to bring a smile to their face. Plus, you can easily express your gratitude with the heartfelt sentiments. Combine the fun coffee mug, beans, spatters and coffee ring images with the French Press and Coffee Pot LATTE LOVE DIES in your choice of colors! We've added the coordinating A LATTE LOVE DESIGNER PAPER for even more fun iconic beverage-themed ideas! Our Collection includes SIX projects...FOUR cards and TWO gift certificate ideas! See more details here!
Stampin' Up!'s PLANTED PARADISE STAMP SET is lots of fun to mix and match and will take your love of plants to the next level! Combine the leaves, foliage and pots for an organic vibe to your projects that just might improve your mood and reduce your stress...and relax the recipient, too! This PLANTED PARADISE CARD COLLECTION is also a little different! We have gone all out on the INSIDE of each card to coordinate with the outside! (Tip: Since the finished inside COULD be used as an outside card idea, we are actually giving you 12 card design ideas...what a bargain!) We've added the PERENNIAL POSTAGE STAMP SET AND DIES to give you a variety of greetings and basic background shapes for these inside/outside cards! The POETIC EXPRESSIONS DESIGNER PAPER we used provides a soothing, muted look, too! See more details here!
Lift up a special someone's spirits using Stampin' Up!'s HOT AIR BALLOON BUNDLE by combining hot air balloon designs in various colors and the greetings to show birthday wishes, encouragement and support! Personalize your stamped papercraft balloons with HOT AIR BALLOON DIES that feature quilted elements, balloon baskets, hearts, banner, pennants and more! Our HOT AIR BALLOON COLLECTION also features the LIGHTER THAN AIR DESIGNER PAPER with soft vibrant colors. There are step-by-step tutorial instructions for THREE cards (one a special fold) and a useful gift packaging holder, too! See more details HERE!