It’s Thursday and you know that means it is time for a Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge. This month our challenges will be to “case the catalog”. Each week we have a new card design to inspire us taken right from the catalog…we could use the colors, the layout, or the stamp set and dies. I’ve chosen the layout for today’s card!
I love the realistic look to the apples in the Apple Harvest stamp set and thought it would be perfect for this layout! I did alter where the greeting label was placed just slightly.
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Basic White cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- A 3 x 4-1/4 piece of Parakeet Party In Color Designer Paper was added to a 3-1/8 x 4-3/8 piece of Early Espresso cardstock, then adhered to the front.
- The large, long label from Stylish Shapes Dies was cut from Sweet Sorbet cardstock and added across the center.
- The apple branch was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Basic White cardstock, then colored with Dark Mint Macaron and Parakeet Party Combo Blends for the leaves. The apples were colored with Dark Calypso Coral and Sweet Sorbet Combo Blends. The stems were colored with SU100 and SU400 Neutrals. It was hand-cut and added to the center with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The greeting was stamped on Basic White cardstock with Early Espresso Ink and cut with the long skinny label from Stylish Shapes, then adhered off to the left of the card so more of the apples showed.
- A trio of Red Rhinestones were added to the background for a little bling!
Set: Apple Harvest
Inks: Early Espresso, Memento Black
Blends: Parakeet Party Combo, Sweet Sorbet Combo, Dark Mint Macaron, Dark Calypso Coral, SU400, SU100
C/S: Thick Basic White, Basic White, Early Espresso, Sweet Sorbet
Accessories: Stylish Shapes Dies, In Color 6×6 Designer Paper, Red Rhinestones, Adhesives
Use HOST CODE: V3VR2RY9
Build your own pumpkin patch with these fun images in the PICK OF THE PATCH BUNDLE! Mix and match the different sized pumpkins, sentiments, leaves and branches, including a little face for jack-o-lanterns and a friendly crow! The unique PICK OF THE PATCH BUILDER PUNCH helps you quickly punch these images from cardstock or designer paper. We featured the PICK OF THE PATCH BUNDLE with the unexpected O HOLY NIGHT DESIGNER PAPER for some awesome night skies and jewel-tone effects! There are step-by-step instructions for THREE card designs (one a special fold) and a fall decor project! See more details here!
Check out these "jazzy" skeletons in the new BAG OF BONES BUNDLE! So many pieces to mix and max for personalized figures and scenes! Build a spooky scene with tombstones, bats, stars, and even a rickety picket fence using the BAG OF BONES DIES. This bundle is bone-a-fide fun with even a not-so-furry friend or two. Your Halloween crafts are sure to be eerie-sistible! We featured the BAG OF BONES BUNDLE with the THEM BONES DESIGNER PAPER for a spook-tacular collection! There are step-by-step instructions for TWO card designs and TWO treat holder projects! See more details here!
Fill your crate with delightful seasonal flowers and herbs to send good wishes to someone special with the RUSTIC CRATE BUNDLE! The fun RUSTIC CRATE DIES provide cute farmhouse crates, labels, hardware, and gardening gloves as accessories for your floral arrangements! Mix and match any of the sweet sentiments with any image for a personalized touch. We featured the RUSTIC CRATE BUNDLE with the ALL ABOUT AUTUMN DESIGNER PAPER! This tutorial has step-by-step instructions for four projects...three card designs (one a fun fold) and a special gift project! See more details here!