I absolutely adore this poinsettia set, Joyful Christmas! I've done a lot of different things with it. This one is a card that I used for the Color Challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary Winter Collection 2013. We do Saturday challenges during our sessions, so feel free to play along!
But, I liked it so well, that I also used it for my Control Freaks Holiday Swap! I made them up while I was at my stamping retreat.
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 of Cherry Cobbler cardstock, folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Whisper White, then a 1 1/2 x 5 1/4 strip of the striped pattern in Season of Style Designer Paper along the left side. I also added a 1/4" strip of Champagne Glimmer Paper.
- I cut a Deco Framelit from Crumb Cake and stamped the greeting from Joyful Christmas in Cherry Cobbler and placed it on the card.
- Next, I stamped the Poinsettia twice with Cherry Cobbler ink on Pink Pirouette, cut out the layers, then sponged more Cherry Cobbler ink on the petals. I curled the petals slightly and then added layers with Stampin' Dimensionals on the front.
- I added Champagne Glimmer Paper circles (from the Owl Punch) in the center of the flower.
- I also stamped the leaves with Always Artichoke on Old Olive, then sponged with more Old Olive ink.
I love how it turned out! Make sure to check out the rest of the Design Team and what they did with this color challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
We are in the end of Week 2 with Create with Connie and Mary Winter Collection 2013 and it's not too late to join! This week we are working on some FUN holiday and Christmas projects! Each of our tutorials comes with step-by-step PHOTO directions so it is easy to follow along! Come join us! Get more details and sign up at Create with Connie and Mary!