I used the fun new Occasions catalog set, Hedgehugs, for my projects today. LOVE how cute the set is, don’t you? I featured the little squirrel in this set!
First up is the little box! I found the template from one of the Stampin’ Up! Artisans, Sylwia Schreck. It holds a Ferraro Chocolate inside perfectly!
Here are the details:
- The little box is cut from Calypso Coral cardstock and put together.
- A 5/8 x 8-1/2 strip of the free Sale-A-Bration Bubbles & Fizz Designer Paper was added around the bottom.
- A small oval from the Layering Ovals were cut from Early Espresso cardstock and added to one side with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The squirrel was stamped with Early Espresso Ink on Whisper White, then colored with the Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends, and hand-cut out
- The mushrooms were inked with Calypso Coral Ink, then a Early Espresso Ink on the stems and stamped on Whisper White cardstock. The stems were filled in with Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends. It was hand-cut and added on top of the squirrel with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The top points were punched with a 1/8″ Circle and then tied closed with Linen Thread. A tag stamped with Hi There in Calypso Coral Ink and punched with the Classic Label Punch was added to the thread.
Next up is the matching card:
Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Calypso Coral cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- Two 3/4 x 5-1/4 strips of Bubbles & Fizz Designer Paper were added to a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic Gray cardstock.
- The large oval from Layering Ovals was cut from Whisper White cardstock and stamped with the tree stump in Basic Gray Ink. The bottom below the trunk was sponged with Lemon Lime Twist ink.
- The squirrel was stamped with Early Espresso Ink on scrap Whisper White and colored with the Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends Markers, then hand-cut and added to the stump. The mushrooms were stamped with scrap Whisper White with Calypso Coral Ink and the stems with Early Espresso Marker. They were colored with Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends and hand-cut and added to the bottom of the trunk with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The flower stem was inked with Lemon Lime Twist, then the flowers inked with Calypso Coral Marker and stamped on Whisper White cardstock.
- Hi There was stamped with Calypso Coral ink.
- The large scallop oval from Layering Ovals Framelits was cut from Calypso Coral cardstock and added sideways to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. The Whisper White oval was adhered on top.
- A few of the new Tutti-Frutti Adhesive-Backed Sequins were added to the front.
Hope you liked my projects! OK…next up on the Control Freaks Blog Hop is my good friend, Mary Brown. I know you’ll enjoy her projects!