Welcome to the January Tour de Freaks! Our theme this month is ANYTHING from the Occasions or Sale-A-Brations catalog, so I just HAD to play along! As you take the blog hop, you should get LOTS of great ideas! You’ve probably just come from Julie Davison’s blog, aren’t her projects fun? If you’ve arrived prior to the 20th, please note that not all links may be working correctly.
I think this sweet little stamp set, Perfect Mix, has been completely overlooked in the Occasions Catalog! I couldn’t resist getting it…I’m a much better baker than cook! I love to make candies, cookies, fun loaves of bread, package them up and give them away! These tags or little notes would be perfect to include with the treat! And, the notes themselves are all wrapped up in a cute little matchbook style package, so they would be a wonderful hostess gift all by themselves!
Here’s package closed:
And here it is open so you can see how they tuck inside:
And here is the complete set for you to see!
- The Melon Mambo cardstock notes are cut 3 x 6, and scored at 3.
- A 1-1/4 x 2-3/4 piece of Pop of Pink Designer Paper is adhered to the bottom of a 2-3/4 x 2-3/4 piece of Whisper White cardstock.
- Some 1/8″ Melon Mambo Stitched Ribbon hides the seam and is adhered in back, then the Whisper White layer added to the front of the Melon Mambo note.
- The images were stamped on Whisper White cardstock with Memento Black Ink, use the Watercolor Pencils and Blender Pen to color, then cut with the Layering Circles Framelits, and adhere to a larger Scallop Layering Circle of Melon Mambo. Pop them up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The matchbook is 3-1/2 x 8 Basic Black, scored at 3-1/4, 3-1/2 and 7-1/4. Staple the bottom close to the fold. Add a 1/2 x 3-1/2 strip of coordinating Pop of Pink DSP to the front to hide the staple.
- For the front, a 3-1/4 x 3 piece of Whisper White cardstock has a 1-1/4 x 3-1/4 piece of DSP along the bottom. The mixing bowl is stamped with Memento Black and cut out. The greeting is offset on a larger Layering Circle, and the Scallop Layering Circle is cut from DSP. A little 1/8″ Ribbon bow is added with a Mini Glue Dot.
OK…next up is Melissa Stout! I’m sure you’ll enjoy her projects, too! Continue around all the blog stops until you return here to complete the circle!
Amy Koenders says
So sweet! Love your little notes, perfect for all of those baked gifts. Yummy! Perfect colors and designs! 🙂
Mary Brown says
These are just too stinking cute! LOVE your little packet of cards!
Deanna Green says
Love these ideas. Pretty colors.
Chris R. from Iowa says
You are right in thinking this set is overlooked. It is one of my favorites! I just love your little project and I will be making a set of these cute cards for a friend of mine who loves to bake! Thanks for the great ideas!
Cindy E. says
Connie, these are so stinkin’ CUTE! I love the DSP you chose, too – really makes them all pop.
Melissa Stout says
GAH! These are so adorable! I just received this stamp set and I’ll definitely be pinning this project for later. LOVE!!!
Debbie Henderson says
I just love how you used this stamp set and the colors are so happy!
Mary Alice Bellis says
Adorable project. Wish I had the stamp set, so another to add to my list.
Great set of tags and holder! It’s just perfect!
Heidi Baks says
What adorable note cards, Connie! Perfect little package for any baker.
Connie, what a great project!! I think that set is really cute!