Welcome to Create with Connie and Mary’s Creatively Simple Challenge! Each month Mary and I will pick a theme…this month it is “Birthday”, and we each create a simple card every week using that theme!
I’ve used Stampin’ Up!’s new Hello Ladybug for today’s card! One of my stamping groups made this card a couple weeks ago and loved it! It really is too cute!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Real Red cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded with the fold on the left.
- A 1-3/4 x 4 piece of Sweet Talk Designer Paper was added to the left side. I love that these patterns aren’t just for Valentine’s Day!
- The largest Simply Stitched rectangle was cut from Basic White cardstock. The leaf from Hello Ladybug was stamped with Granny Apple Green Ink towards the right side.
- The body of the ladybug was punched from Basic Black cardstock and the wings were stamped with Real Red Ink on Basic White cardstock, then punched. They were added to the leaf with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The greeting from Hello Ladybug was stamped with Memento Black Ink.
- A trio of Red Rhinestones were added to the background.
To simplify, you could cut a regular rectangle instead of the scallop rectangle die! But isn’t this a sweet card? Make sure to check out what Mary did this week for her “Birthday” Creatively Simple card over on Create with Connie and Mary! Stay tuned next week for another Creatively Simple card!
Use HOST CODE: V3VR2RY9
Check out these "jazzy" skeletons in the new BAG OF BONES BUNDLE! So many pieces to mix and max for personalized figures and scenes! Build a spooky scene with tombstones, bats, stars, and even a rickety picket fence using the BAG OF BONES DIES. This bundle is bone-a-fide fun with even a not-so-furry friend or two. Your Halloween crafts are sure to be eerie-sistible! We featured the BAG OF BONES BUNDLE with the THEM BONES DESIGNER PAPER for a spook-tacular collection! There are step-by-step instructions for TWO card designs and TWO treat holder projects! See more details here!
Fill your crate with delightful seasonal flowers and herbs to send good wishes to someone special with the RUSTIC CRATE BUNDLE! The fun RUSTIC CRATE DIES provide cute farmhouse crates, labels, hardware, and gardening gloves as accessories for your floral arrangements! Mix and match any of the sweet sentiments with any image for a personalized touch. We featured the RUSTIC CRATE BUNDLE with the ALL ABOUT AUTUMN DESIGNER PAPER! This tutorial has step-by-step instructions for four projects...three card designs (one a fun fold) and a special gift project! See more details here!
The single and multi-leaf images in the AUTUMN LEAVES BUNDLE give you a lot of different looks for your card making, scrapbooking, gift packaging or elegant tags! Use the stamp images alone or combine with the detailed leaf veins, awesome shaped labels, and stand-alone leaf dies! Celebrate the fall season by sharing your creations using the thankful greetings to express joy and gratitude. We featured the AUTUMN LEAVES BUNDLE with the ALL ABOUT AUTUMN DESIGNER PAPER for a colorful outdoorsy look! There are step-by-step instructions for SIX projects...four card designs and two sweet favor projects! See more details HERE!