Welcome to Create with Connie and Mary’s Creatively Simple Challenge! Each month Mary and I will pick a theme…this month it is “Plants”, and we each create a simple card every week using that theme!
This set is really SO cute and easy to make up some easy-to-put-together cacti! And this greeting is just FUN!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Just Jade cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Sahara Sand cardstock is embossed with the Timber Embossing Folder (carryover from the July-Dec Mini Catalog).
- A 3/4 x 3-1/4 piece of In Good Taste DSP was added towards the bottom.
- The large cactus was stamped with Just Jade Ink, the container with Bumblebee Ink, the other plant with Cherry Cobbler Ink and that container (trimmed from the larger one) in Misty Moonlight Ink. All were stamped on Basic White cardstock and hand-cut, then placed on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Some Linen Thread was doubled and tied in a bow, then added to the plant.
- The greeting from Cactus Cuties was stamped with Misty Moonlight Ink and cut with the rectangle die in Picture This Dies. It was added with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Some Playing With Patterns Resin Dots were added to the cactus.
I used three of the four retiring colors on today’s card…make sure to grab the refills and extra cardstock before they officially retire and sell out! And be sure to check out what Mary did this week for her “Plants” Creatively Simple card over on Create with Connie and Mary! Stay tuned next week for another Creatively Simple “Plants” card!
Use HOST CODE: GWQPRERQ
Make someone their favorite beverage card or project by personalizing it using Stampin' Up!'s LATTE LOVE BUNDLE! This bundle is available now for demonstrators to preorder and to customers beginning March 1st as part of the new Online Exclusives offering! The hot chocolate and coffee art images are sure to bring a smile to their face. Plus, you can easily express your gratitude with the heartfelt sentiments. Combine the fun coffee mug, beans, spatters and coffee ring images with the French Press and Coffee Pot LATTE LOVE DIES in your choice of colors! We've added the coordinating A LATTE LOVE DESIGNER PAPER for even more fun iconic beverage-themed ideas! Our Collection includes SIX projects...FOUR cards and TWO gift certificate ideas! See more details here!
Stampin' Up!'s PLANTED PARADISE STAMP SET is lots of fun to mix and match and will take your love of plants to the next level! Combine the leaves, foliage and pots for an organic vibe to your projects that just might improve your mood and reduce your stress...and relax the recipient, too! This PLANTED PARADISE CARD COLLECTION is also a little different! We have gone all out on the INSIDE of each card to coordinate with the outside! (Tip: Since the finished inside COULD be used as an outside card idea, we are actually giving you 12 card design ideas...what a bargain!) We've added the PERENNIAL POSTAGE STAMP SET AND DIES to give you a variety of greetings and basic background shapes for these inside/outside cards! The POETIC EXPRESSIONS DESIGNER PAPER we used provides a soothing, muted look, too! See more details here!
Lift up a special someone's spirits using Stampin' Up!'s HOT AIR BALLOON BUNDLE by combining hot air balloon designs in various colors and the greetings to show birthday wishes, encouragement and support! Personalize your stamped papercraft balloons with HOT AIR BALLOON DIES that feature quilted elements, balloon baskets, hearts, banner, pennants and more! Our HOT AIR BALLOON COLLECTION also features the LIGHTER THAN AIR DESIGNER PAPER with soft vibrant colors. There are step-by-step tutorial instructions for THREE cards (one a special fold) and a useful gift packaging holder, too! See more details HERE!