Today is DAY ONE of PREVIEW WEEK over on Create with Connie and Mary! We will be starting our Spring Collection 2015 next week and can’t wait to get started! Our design team is busy getting their projects done using both the Occasions and Sale-A-Bration catalogs. Today we are introducing one of our Guest Designers! So happy to have this talented lady on board! Make sure you go over to Create with Connie and Mary and see who she is and check back every day for more surprises and giveaways! And…while you are there, don’t forget to get signed up during our Early Bird Special, it ends on Saturday! Save $5 off the regular $29.95 price and get over 24 project tutorials…at $24.95 that’s $1 each! What a deal!
I love the cards I’ve seen made with the Lotus Blossom Stamp Set…one of the FREE Sale-A-Bration products when you purchase $50 of Stampin’ Up! products right now. However, when I was working with it for one of my Create projects, I saw the red blossoms turned upside down on my desk. I thought they looked like strawberries. So…I added a few black dots and changed the bottom of the flower to green!!! Voila! Strawberries!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Whisper White folded in half.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 Hello Honey cardstock was embossed with the Delicate Dots folder.
- A 1-1/2 x 5-1/4 strip of the striped pattern in Painted Blooms Designer Paper was placed along the left side.
- I punched two Flower Medallion flowers from Mossy Meadow cardstock and cut them up into leaves.
- I used the Petite Flower Punch with Whisper White cardstock to make the flowers and added 1/4″ Circles of Hello Honey cardstock inside.
- The Lotus Blossoms were stamped off with Real Red, full strength Real Red, then Cherry Cobbler on top. Then I stamped them again with Pistachio Pudding, Wild Wasabi and Mossy Meadow, cut off the bottom of the blossoms for the top of the strawberries. I used a Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker to make the seeds.
- Finally, I stamped Thank You from Lotus Blossom Stamp set with Tuxedo Black ink on a 3/4″ strip of Whisper White, cut a flag end and added it under the leaves.
So…what do you think? Do YOU see strawberries???
Don’t forget it’s PREVIEW WEEK over on Create with Connie and Mary! We’re giving away FREE Subscriptions, FREE tutorials and introducing our Design Team this week! Check us out EVERY day!