It’s Day 2 of Create with Connie and Mary’s PREVIEW WEEK to kick off the start of the Spring Collection next week! Today, Mary has a SUPER FUN project for you to check out…and guess what? The tutorial is FREE…just so you can see what our subscription service is all about! When you sign up, you’ll see a new project with photo tutorial posted EVERY DAY for FOUR weeks, except on Saturdays when we do our Blog Tour! So…that is over 24 projects for our Early Bird Price of only $24.95. But, don’t wait! That $5 savings goes away on Saturday and the price will be $29.95. Mary also has BLOG CANDY today…so check out Create with Connie and Mary to see where to go to leave a comment and a chance to win a FREE subscription to our Spring Collection! And, if you’ve already signed up, we’ll apply it to our next session!
So…in celebration of Mary’s project, I used the beautiful Butterfly Thinlet on my card today! I was going for a white tone-on-tone look, but I just couldn’t get away from putting some color on here. So, I think the soft Crisp Cantaloupe was a good compromise.
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Sahara Sand.
- The next layer is 3-3/4 x 5 Something Borrowed Designer Paper…I LOVE that DSP…every pattern in that package is gorgeous!
- I used a 3/4 x 4 strip of Whisper White and stamped the greeting from the Sale-A-Bration set, Simply Wonderful with Tuxedo Black Ink.
- I cut the butterfly with the Butterfly Thinlet from Whisper White and added some of the flower trim in the Artisan Embellishments kit to the body!
Really…a very simple card, but the DSP and butterfly really add a lot of WOW factor to it!
Now, don’t forget to stop by Create with Connie and Mary and see Mary’s PREVIEW PROJECT and download the FREE TUTORIAL today!