It’s Day 5 of PREVIEW WEEK over on Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Card “Create”tions 2014! We are doing one week of Halloween/Fall card sets and two weeks of Christmas! Don’t delay in signing up…we start on Sunday and you won’t want to miss anything! For only $19.95 US, you’ll get over 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas not shown ANYWHERE else! Today we are also introducing two more members of our Design Team and they each have BLOG CANDY! So, stop by Create with Connie and Mary and see where you need to go enter! We have several FREE subscriptions to give away!
Tomorrow is my day to show you a free tutorial using a set from the Holiday Catalog…but today I’m giving you a HINT of which set I’ll be showing! You’ll need to stop by tomorrow to see the matching card set! When we were first married, we had a white flocked Christmas tree with red & white ornaments. My husband’s grandmother embroidered some red ornaments just like this for our tree, along with some red bows! I know I still have them in a box, although my tree is now done in gold and bronze colors. This card really reminds me of them!
Here are the details!
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 of Real Red cardstock, folded in half.
- I embossed the 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Whisper White with the Lucky Stars Embossing Folder.
- I added two 1/2 x 5 strips of Nordic Noel Designer Paper along each side…love that candy stripe!
- On Real Red cardstock, I embossed the floral medallion with White Embossing Powder, then cut it with the Heart Framelits and popped it up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I stamped Merry & Bright from Christmas Bliss with Red Red on Whisper White and cut it with one of the Project Life Framelits. I layered it on a Designer Label Punch of Silver Glimmer Paper! I love how those two compliment each other!
- Finally, I tied a Nordic Designer Button with White Bakers Twine and added it to the center of the medallion with Mini Glue Dots!
Do you like? I love red and white cards! Don’t forget to check out the Design Team members for Holiday Card “Create”tions today over on Create with Connie and Mary!