We JUST opened the Create with Connie and Mary July Mini Session today, so you don’t want to miss out! It’s not too late to join to see the fabulous projects our designers did this month!
There are SO many great flower sets in the new catalog…and with coordinating framelits! I featured Falling Flowers and May Flowers Framelits this month for the July Mini Session and had SO much fun with designing them! Here’s one card that I didn’t use…but I love it and saved it to share with you.
I love the look of layering the open, lacy May Flowers diecut over Designer Paper…and this one I added interest by having it appear to run off the edge.
Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White cardstock, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Sweet Sugarplum cardstock.
- Over that is a 3-1/2 x 4-3/4 piece of Blooms & Bliss Designer Paper (love this watercolor pattern!).
- On the 3 x 4-1/4 piece of Whisper White cardstock, the edge was cut with the May Flowers Framelit to just give an outline. The greeting from Watercolor Wishes was stamped with Memento Black Ink.
- Some Sweet Sugarplum Ruched Ribbon was tied around and knotted on the front. The Whisper White layer was added to the front.
- Then some scrap Sweet Sugarplum cardstock was cut to make the flower. The flower was adhered in the outline area and carefully trimmed along the edges to line up with the Whisper White layer.
- In the center is a Perfect White Accent.
What do you think???? Isn’t that a cool look? Want to see more ideas? Don’t forget to head over to Create with Connie and Mary and sign up for our JULY Mini Session…and grab the special bonus if you sign up for both July & August at the same time!!!