My grand-daughter Quinn’s second birthday was yesterday and I made a special little card for her based on a couple ideas I saw on Pinterest! Here’s the birthday girl! She is just SO precious!
And here is the card I made! Her mom likes to have her hair up in pigtails a lot!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Pink Pirouette, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 piece of Watermelon Wonder cardstock, embossed with the Confetti Embossing Folder.
- Her face is the larger Layering Circle cut from some retired Blush Blossom cardstock.
- Her hair is the same size Layering Circle with Soft Suede cardstock, cut almost in half, them trimmed for some “bangs” and adhered to the top of the face circle.
- The pigtails were 1/2 x 3″ strips of Soft Suede cardstock, cut in small strips (leave about 1/2″ uncut to adhere behind her head). Curl with bone folder.
- Add two small flowers punched from In Colors Pattern DSP in the Watermelon Wonder color.
- Cut a smaller Layering circle from Blush Blossom for her “arms”, then I used the retired 2-3/8″ Circle Circle to cut her polka dot dress, trimming away the sides on an angle. (I didn’t even think about the scalloped Layering Circles until I was already finished…but those would work…use the about the size of the head!)
- Adhere dress and head to the base of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut two Black Eyes and 2 small white highlights with the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch and nose with Blush Blossom, add to face.
- Sponge Blushing Bride Ink for cheeks with Sponge Dauber.
- Hand draw mouth with Basic Black Marker.
- Add Pearls to hair bows and top of dress.
- Stamp Happy Birthday from Confetti Celebrations with Memento Black Ink, punch with the Classic Label punch. Add to front of card.
- Cut the 2 from retired File Tabs Framelits from Silver Glimmer Paper and adhere to card.
I think this turned out SUPER cute and love how easy it was to personalize with her hair color and birthday!
Over on Create with Connie and Mary, we are getting ready to release our October Mini Session TOMORROW! The October 2016 MINI SESSION is only $8.95 US and we’re using products and stamp sets from the new HOLIDAY Catalog…aren’t you loving the new products?
* Each session includes FIVE step-by-step tutorials for projects…THREE card sets, each with 4 cards and TWO 3D items…perfect for your club or stamp camp!
All project tutorials are EXCLUSIVELY for subscribers and will not be shown anywhere else online!
Sign up for both September and October for only $17.90 US and we have a Fall BONUS project for you designed by Connie Babbert using the Home Sweet Home Bundle! Head over to Create with Connie and Mary for more details and to sign up now!