Last month in my Technique Class I showed how to do the Drapery Fold for the front of a card using a different pattern in the SAB Wildfower Flowers DSP. There are several different ways to do it. I did a horizontal one for a blog hop a couple weeks ago HERE which is different than today’s vertical one!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White.
- Cut 3 x 7-1/2 Wildflower Fields DSP (retired) and score at 2-1/2, 3-1/2, 5, 6-1/8.
- Measure 1-1/2″ down from top right corner of DSP and place pencil mark. Cut from 2-1/2″ score line to the pencil mark on a diagonal.
- Fold on scored lines and add to 3 x 4-1/4 Pool Party cardstock. Adhere all the pleats down at the top, slightly bend bottom pleats so they look natural.
- Add Pool Party Glitter Ribbon across top of DSP and adhere to front of base card.
- Stamp Grateful Bunch large flower and trio of flowers with Archival Basic Black Ink on Shimmery White.
- Color flowers with Crushed Curry and Calypso Coral Inks with sponge dauber.
- Punch trio of flowers with Blossom Bunch Punch and cut out larger flower by hand. Stack two largest flowers together with Stampin’ Dimensional and add to the front of the card with more Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add yellow It’s My Party Enamel Dot to the center.
- Stamp leaves with Archival Basic Black on Old Olive, hand cut by hand and tuck under flower on front of card.
- Stamp greeting from Grateful Bunch with Black Archival Ink in upper left corner.
That’s it! Doesn’t it give a totally different look than the first one I made?
Don’t forget! We’ll be opening the Create with Connie and Mary April 2016 Mini Session TOMORROW…just in time to promote the end of the Occasions Catalog in your classes and clubs, or to make as gifts. You get THREE card sets and TWO 3-D projects for only $8.95 US! (Hint…the two 3D projects would be WONDERFUL for Mother’s Day gifts!) Here’s a sneak peek of the projects we are doing this month:
And the sets we are using:
Don’t miss out! Sign up today over on Create with Connie and Mary!