So sorry that I have been a very bad blogger this week! Just a LOT going on after getting back from the Stampin’ Up! Incentive Cruise. Oh my…what an AWESOME time we had! The Allure of the Seas ship is truly HUGE and amazing! Even though I felt very little motion on the ship, on Monday I was feeling a little funny and getting used to being back on dry land, I guess! lol!
I’m very bummed that Stampin’ Up!’s Hello Sailor will not be in the new catalog! Better email me to order it NOW…the Occasions catalog ends on June 1st! I’ve used it quite a bit for masculine cards, even though my family really isn’t into sailing…they do love ski boats! This card is similar to the one I did for the Control Freaks Occasions Catalog Swap. I forgot to take a picture of the actual version I did for the swap. I needed to use less DSP in the background so I had enough to make 30 swap cards and I used another banner with that stripe DSP rather the full background. But other than that, it is the same.
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Summer Starfruit (will miss this in-color!)
- The background is the stripe pattern from High Tide Designer Paper cut to 4 x 5 1/4.
- I embossed the 2 x 4 3/4 Smoky Slate cardstock with the Woodgrain embossing folder and cut a flag end, then placed it down the center.
- I used the Circle Framelits to cut out a Pacific Point and Whisper White circle rings, then cut away a portion of the Whisper White to make the life preserver. I looped the Summer Starfruit Twine around the top and secured the ends in the back. It is popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I used Summer Starfruit and Pacific Point Markers to ink up the Hello Sailor greeting and stamped on Whisper White, then cut with the Circle Framelit. I added Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back.
- The wheel was stamped with Smoky Slate on Whisper White and cut with the Circle Framelit (or 1″ punch). In the center I added a yellow Candy Dot.
Hope you like it! Come back tomorrow evening for the Control Freaks Tour de Freaks blog hop!