It’s time for Create with Connie and Mary’s Inspiration Monday!!! LOVE this cake inspiration, don’t you? I’m wishing I had a slice of it…looks yummy! I’m always in awe of people who can create cake masterpieces. Definitely NOT in my skill set! lol!
OK…here’s the card I came up with…using the fabulous new Blooming Basket stamp set (available only has a FREE Sale-A-Bration selection!) and that wonderful Basket Weave Embossing Folder just really makes it stand out, doesn’t it?
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White cardstock was embossed with the Basket Weave Embossing Folder.
- Two pieces of Pool Party Shimmer Ribbon was added to the left side (LOVE the added sparkle!)
- The basket was stamped with Memento Black Ink on a 3-1/8 x 3-1/8 square of Thick Whisper White cardstock and colored with the Pool Party, Pink Pirouette and Old Olive Stampin’ Blends. Oh, and some light Basic Gray for the shadow at the bottom. Wow…those make coloring SO easy!
- The square was layered on a 3-1/4 x 3-1/4 piece of Pink Pirouette cardstock, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The tag was stamped with Memento Black Ink on scrap Whisper White, colored and hand-cut then adhered to the basket.
- For You greeting was inked with a Basic Black Marker then stamped on a scrap of Pool Party cardstock, then punched with a 1-3/8″ Circle Punch. The top was cut off and then tucked under the basket layer.
LOVE this card!!! So soft and pretty looking! OK…make sure to check out what Mary did with this inspiration photo over at Create with Connie and Mary!