Happy Monday! It’s time for our Create with Connie and Mary Inspiration Monday challenge! This week’s inspiration is some pretty paper flowers!
I suspected that Mary would probably use the Peaceful Moments Poppies on her card, so I wanted to go in a different directions for mine! I used the Forever Blossoms stamp set and multicolored flowers! I’m always drawn to the trays of mixed color flowers in the spring! I always have a hard time choosing just one or two colors for my flower pots.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 3-1/2 x 4-3/4 piece of Whisper White cardstock is embossed with the Coastal Weave Embossing Folder and added on top.
- A 1-1/4 x 3 piece of Flirty Flamingo cardstock was added to the background.
- A 3/4 x 5-1/2 strip of Shaded Spruce cardstock was added across the front.
- The flower branch from Forever Blossoms was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock, then colored with the following Light & Dark Stampin’ Blends: Rococo Rose, Flirty Flamingo, Purple Posy, Mango Melody and Shaded Spruce.
- The flower branch was cut with the Cherry Blossom Dies and added to the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Wink of Stella was added to the flowers.
- A piece of yellow Baker’s Twine (FREE SAB) was tied in a bow on the stem and a trio of the Sequins in that package added to the background.
- The greeting was stamped on a 1/2 x 3-1/4 piece of Whisper White and added to the Shaded Spruce layer on the front.
I think I did pretty good with the paper flower inspiration! I really like how it turned out! OK…check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Monday Challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Create with Connie and Mary is featuring the PAINTED CHRISTMAS SUITE of products for our next Collection of EIGHT CARD TUTORIALS to get you ready for the holiday season! The CHRISTMAS SEASON'S nature-inspired images can be country rustic or formally elegant. We've also used the heartfelt sentiments from the CHRISTMAS TO REMEMBER stamp set, along with the full card sized CHRISTMAS PINECONE DIES for your handcrafted messages! See more details HERE!
Ghosts, Skulls, Cats and Pumpkins are hanging out here on Create with Connie and Mary with our CUTEST HALLOWEEN COLLECTION of tutorials! We've designed FOUR fun and easy Halloween favors to give to the ghosts and goblins around your house or workplace! These exclusive treat favors use the CUTEST HALLOWEEN STAMP SET and HALLOWEEN PUNCH, along with the Cute Halloween Designer Paper, and are sure to make the recipient smile! See details here!
Use HOST CODE: W9B3G9EM