Happy Monday! It’s time for our Create with Connie and Mary Inspiration Monday challenge! This week’s inspiration is a beautiful fall decorated frame.
One of the reasons I purchased the Banner Year stamp set was just for the Happy fall, y’all! greeting! I love it! So, I knew it was perfect for this inspiration challenge! My next challenge was finding the twiggy looking branches to decorate the frame. I think using In The Woods Dies worked great, don’t you?
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Crumb Cake cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded to form the base card.
- The 3-3/4 x 5 piece of wood grain print from In Good Taste DSP was layered on a 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 piece of Early Espresso cardstock, then adhered on top.
- The frame was created with using two sizes of the Stitched Rectangle Dies cut from Seaside Spray cardstock, then sponging around the edges to distress the look a little. It was added on an angle to the front with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The “trees” from the In The Woods Dies were cut from Melon Mango and Early Espresso cardstock, the leaves from Soft Sea Foam, then sponged with Early Espresso Ink to age them. They were adhered to the edge of the frame.
- The Seaside Spray Scallop Linen Ribbon was tied in a knot and added to the branches with Mini Glue Dots.
- Happy Fall y’all! and two acorns were stamped with Early Espresso Ink on a 1/2 x 4 piece of Whisper White. The acorns were hand cut and the banner cut at an angle, then tucked under the branches with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals. The acorns were added under the ribbon with Mini Glue Dots.
I love this card…I was REALLY excited how it turned out! I thought Mary and my cards would be too similar using the same inspiration piece, but they really turned out totally different! OK…check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Monday Challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
We are calling for SPRING in our next Collection from the January-June Mini Catalog using the DAFFODIL DAYDREAM STAMP SET and DAFFODIL DIES! These spring flower images are perfect for coloring or use the dies to build flowers in a variety of colors! We've combined this Daffodil Daydream Bundle with the FREE Sale-A-Bration Daffodil Afternoon Designer Paper for a coordinated look. Our DAFFODIL DAYDREAM COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a useful 3D project, perfect for your desk! See more details here!
Our next Collection in the January-June Mini Catalog is the darling SWEET CONVERSATIONS STAMP SET and SWEET HEARTS DIES! These cute heart graphics can be used for more than Valentine's Day, think birthdays, anniversaries, weddings...or anytime you want to share a little heart love! We've combined this Sweet Conversations Bundle with the Sweet Talk Designer Paper which also has stripes and non-Valentine prints! Our SWEET CONVERSATIONS COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a cute 3D project to fill with treats! See more details here!