Happy Monday! It’s time for our Create with Connie and Mary Inspiration Monday challenge! This week’s inspiration is a beautiful fall decorated frame.
One of the reasons I purchased the Banner Year stamp set was just for the Happy fall, y’all! greeting! I love it! So, I knew it was perfect for this inspiration challenge! My next challenge was finding the twiggy looking branches to decorate the frame. I think using In The Woods Dies worked great, don’t you?
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Crumb Cake cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded to form the base card.
- The 3-3/4 x 5 piece of wood grain print from In Good Taste DSP was layered on a 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 piece of Early Espresso cardstock, then adhered on top.
- The frame was created with using two sizes of the Stitched Rectangle Dies cut from Seaside Spray cardstock, then sponging around the edges to distress the look a little. It was added on an angle to the front with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The “trees” from the In The Woods Dies were cut from Melon Mango and Early Espresso cardstock, the leaves from Soft Sea Foam, then sponged with Early Espresso Ink to age them. They were adhered to the edge of the frame.
- The Seaside Spray Scallop Linen Ribbon was tied in a knot and added to the branches with Mini Glue Dots.
- Happy Fall y’all! and two acorns were stamped with Early Espresso Ink on a 1/2 x 4 piece of Whisper White. The acorns were hand cut and the banner cut at an angle, then tucked under the branches with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals. The acorns were added under the ribbon with Mini Glue Dots.
I love this card…I was REALLY excited how it turned out! I thought Mary and my cards would be too similar using the same inspiration piece, but they really turned out totally different! OK…check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Monday Challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Ghosts, Skulls, Cats and Pumpkins are hanging out here on Create with Connie and Mary with our CUTEST HALLOWEEN COLLECTION of tutorials! We've designed FOUR fun and easy Halloween favors to give to the ghosts and goblins around your house or workplace! These exclusive treat favors use the CUTEST HALLOWEEN STAMP SET and HALLOWEEN PUNCH, along with the Cute Halloween Designer Paper, and are sure to make the recipient smile! See details here!
We're excited to use Stampin' Up!'s PRETTY PUMPKINS BUNDLE for our next Collection to get us ready for fall! The bundle features pumpkins and vines and leaves...oh my! You'll get three card tutorials (one a special fold card) and a cute fall décor piece you can set out to hold your favorite candy, flowers, or other small items (it's also PERFECT for a tiered tray display!) We've paired the PRETTY PUMPKINS STAMP SET and DETAILED PUMPKIN DIES with the earthy tones of the Beauty of the Earth Designer Paper in this new collection of tutorials. More details here!
Use HOST CODE: W9B3G9EM