Happy Monday! It’s time for our Create with Connie and Mary Inspiration Monday challenge! This week’s inspiration is a beautiful fall decorated frame.
One of the reasons I purchased the Banner Year stamp set was just for the Happy fall, y’all! greeting! I love it! So, I knew it was perfect for this inspiration challenge! My next challenge was finding the twiggy looking branches to decorate the frame. I think using In The Woods Dies worked great, don’t you?
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Crumb Cake cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded to form the base card.
- The 3-3/4 x 5 piece of wood grain print from In Good Taste DSP was layered on a 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 piece of Early Espresso cardstock, then adhered on top.
- The frame was created with using two sizes of the Stitched Rectangle Dies cut from Seaside Spray cardstock, then sponging around the edges to distress the look a little. It was added on an angle to the front with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The “trees” from the In The Woods Dies were cut from Melon Mango and Early Espresso cardstock, the leaves from Soft Sea Foam, then sponged with Early Espresso Ink to age them. They were adhered to the edge of the frame.
- The Seaside Spray Scallop Linen Ribbon was tied in a knot and added to the branches with Mini Glue Dots.
- Happy Fall y’all! and two acorns were stamped with Early Espresso Ink on a 1/2 x 4 piece of Whisper White. The acorns were hand cut and the banner cut at an angle, then tucked under the branches with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals. The acorns were added under the ribbon with Mini Glue Dots.
I love this card…I was REALLY excited how it turned out! I thought Mary and my cards would be too similar using the same inspiration piece, but they really turned out totally different! OK…check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Monday Challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
The In The Pines Stamp Set and Pine Wood Dies have some BEAUTIFUL trees in several shapes and sizes! For this In The Pines Collection, we've made FIVE cards (one a special fun fold), and a neat 3D project everyone can enjoy! Two of the cards are non-Christmas to give you an idea how to use this bundle all year around! We've paired this set with the Tis The Season Designer Paper. See the details here!
Who can resist Stampin' Up!'s sweet stamp set bundle, Freezin' Fun! Those little critters DO look like they are having SO much fun racing down those snowy slopes! We've made three cards (one a really "cool" fun-fold card), and a darling 3D project using the FREEZIN' FUN STAMP SET AND FREEZIN' FRIENDS DIES for this Collection, paired with the Snowflake Splendor Designer Paper! You won't want to miss getting this one! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: WMGYQXSV