Happy Monday! It’s time for our Create with Connie and Mary Inspiration Monday challenge! This week we have a beautiful patchwork quilt! I love the colors!
I was wanting to pull my inspiration from the patchwork look of the quilt and the small prints, so I used three small print patterns in the Pansy Petals Designer Paper to create the “patchwork” look to my background.
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Pale Papaya cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and fold.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic White cardstock was added on top.
- Three pieces of Petal Patch Designer Paper were cut 1-1/2 x 3-1/4 and layered on the Basic White.
- A piece of Basic White was cut with the Stitched So Sweetly Dies and stamped with the Happy Birthday greeting in Memento Black Ink.
- The pansy embossed background pieces were cut from Pale Papaya and the outside trim from Calypso Coral cardstock, they were glued today.
- The center was cut from Fresh Freesia cardstock and added to the center.
- The leaves background were cut from Soft Succulent cardstock and the detail from Evening Evergreen cardstock. All pieces were added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I love how the background turned out! OK…check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Monday Challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Wow! Have you noticed Stampin' Up!'s PLENTIFUL PLANTS BUNDLE in the new Annual Catalog? So many fun plants and containers to mix and match, plus there is a macramé hanger in it! We've used the PLENTIFUL PLANTS STAMP SET AND PERFECT PLANTS DIES with the coordinating BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED DESIGNER PAPER in this Collection! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a cute little container idea to make for yourself or give as a little gift! More details here!
You don't need to be a "Top Chef" to enjoy our new WHAT'S COOKIN' COLLECTION! These cooking utensils and greeting images are SO fun for the baker or cook in your life! We've used the WHAT'S COOKIN' STAMP SET and COOKIN' DIES with the BRIGHTS 6x6 Designer Paper in this Collection! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a sweet (or savory!) packaging idea that makes a great gift for your host/hostess! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: FMKEVSGR