It’s time for Create with Connie and Mary’s Inspiration Monday!!! Another beautiful watercolor background for our inspiration today! So much fun to use some techniques that I haven’t done in a while. This one uses Stampin’ Write Markers on the stamp, then spritz the stamp and paper with water…so pretty in real life! I also used TWO brand new colors in our lineup…Balmy Blue and Granny Apple Green…I think I’m going to LOVE these colors!
So, here is what I came up with on Shimmery White cardstock. Can you see I also embossed in the background with the Lovely Floral Folder…gives it a little more depth! I also used another technique on the flowers…can you tell which one?
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Balmy Blue cardstock (NEW color!), scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Shimmery White, I inked up the background image in Love What You Do with Balmy Blue and Granny Apple Green Markers, then spritz the paper and the image and applied to the paper. I repeated a couple more times until the background was full. Let dry.
- The background was embossed with the Lovely Floral Embossing folder towards the top.
- A 1-1/4 x 4 piece of Balmy Blue cardstock was added across the front and stamped with the greeting in Memento Black Ink.
- The flowers were stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White, then I used the rock n roll technique with Balmy Blue and Granny Apple Green Ink edges on the solid image for the flowers (smaller one), I stamped couple times in each flower to fill them. I used a Granny Apple Green marker on the stems.
- Some Rhinestones on the flower stems and in the center of the embossed flower completes it.
Isn’t that fun? I love to do techniques…and I hadn’t done either one of these for a while! OK…go check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
The In The Pines Stamp Set and Pine Wood Dies have some BEAUTIFUL trees in several shapes and sizes! For this In The Pines Collection, we've made FIVE cards (one a special fun fold), and a neat 3D project everyone can enjoy! Two of the cards are non-Christmas to give you an idea how to use this bundle all year around! We've paired this set with the Tis The Season Designer Paper. See the details here!
Who can resist Stampin' Up!'s sweet stamp set bundle, Freezin' Fun! Those little critters DO look like they are having SO much fun racing down those snowy slopes! We've made three cards (one a really "cool" fun-fold card), and a darling 3D project using the FREEZIN' FUN STAMP SET AND FREEZIN' FRIENDS DIES for this Collection, paired with the Snowflake Splendor Designer Paper! You won't want to miss getting this one! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: WMGYQXSV