It’s time for Create with Connie and Mary’s Inspiration Monday!!! Another beautiful watercolor background for our inspiration today! So much fun to use some techniques that I haven’t done in a while. This one uses Stampin’ Write Markers on the stamp, then spritz the stamp and paper with water…so pretty in real life! I also used TWO brand new colors in our lineup…Balmy Blue and Granny Apple Green…I think I’m going to LOVE these colors!
So, here is what I came up with on Shimmery White cardstock. Can you see I also embossed in the background with the Lovely Floral Folder…gives it a little more depth! I also used another technique on the flowers…can you tell which one?
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Balmy Blue cardstock (NEW color!), scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Shimmery White, I inked up the background image in Love What You Do with Balmy Blue and Granny Apple Green Markers, then spritz the paper and the image and applied to the paper. I repeated a couple more times until the background was full. Let dry.
- The background was embossed with the Lovely Floral Embossing folder towards the top.
- A 1-1/4 x 4 piece of Balmy Blue cardstock was added across the front and stamped with the greeting in Memento Black Ink.
- The flowers were stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White, then I used the rock n roll technique with Balmy Blue and Granny Apple Green Ink edges on the solid image for the flowers (smaller one), I stamped couple times in each flower to fill them. I used a Granny Apple Green marker on the stems.
- Some Rhinestones on the flower stems and in the center of the embossed flower completes it.
Isn’t that fun? I love to do techniques…and I hadn’t done either one of these for a while! OK…go check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!