It’s time for our Create with Connie and Mary Inspiration Monday challenge! This week it is a batch of colorful circles!
I could have gone a couple different ways with this challenge, but I decided to use my Silver & Gold Specialty Paper (FREE during Sale-A-Bration) and color the white polka dot background with Coastal Cabana and Pacific Point Inks using a Blending Brush! The gold metallic dots act as an embossed area, so the color doesn’t stick to it! I also used two more FREE Sale-A-Bration items, Hippest Hippos and the Hippo Dies!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Pacific Point cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic White was added on top.
- The 3-3/4 x 5 layer of gold polka-dots (from the Silver & Gold Specialty Paper) was blended with Pacific Point and Coastal Cabana Inks using a Blender Brush.
- A 1 x 5 piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock was distressed along the edges and stamped with the greeting from Hippest Hippos in Memento Black Ink.
- Some Simply Elegant Gold Trim was wrapped around the end and tied in a bow. Then the strip was added to the front.
- A scallop rectangle from Scalloped Contour Dies was cut from Basic White cardstock and stamped with the hippo in Hippest Hippos stamp set with Memento Black Ink. It was colored with Gray Granite, Petal Pink, Polished Pink and Parakeet Party Stampin’ Blends.
- The flowers were cut from Polished Pink cardstock and the grass from Parakeet Party cardstock using the Hippo Dies.
- Some yellow Glossy Dots were added to the centers of the flowers! The rectangle was popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals on the front.
TOO cute…love these hippos! OK…check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Monday Challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Inks: Memento Black
Blends: Parakeet Party, Polished Pink, Petal Pink, Gray Granite
Cardstock: Basic White, Pacific Point, Coastal Cabana, Parakeet Party, Polished Pink
Accessories: Hippo Dies, Scalloped Contour Dies, Silver & Gold Specialty Paper, Blending Brushes, Simply Elegant Gold Trim, Glossy Dots, Adhesives
How sweet is the natural beauty of this APPLE HARVEST STAMP SET? The simple line art of the images will remind you of apple picking on a crisp fall day and are perfect for coloring! But the heartfelt sentiments can be used throughout the year. We've combined the APPLE HARVEST STAMP SET with the fun and colorful GINGHAM COTTAGE DESIGNER PAPER in this Collection. It has three card designs...including a unique fun fold...and a great gift-giving 3D project - JUST IN TIME FOR BACK TO SCHOOL! See more details HERE!
We all know that dogs are a person’s best friend and Stampin’ Up!’s new CHRISTMAS SCOTTIES BUNDLE is adorable and not just for Christmas! These festive Scottish Terrier pups are all ready to wish anyone some cheer any time of the year! In this CHRISTMAS SCOTTIES CARD COLLECTION, we have four all-occasion and two Christmas card ideas for a total of SIX card design tutorials! We’ve paired the Christmas Scotties Stamp Set and Scottie Dog Punch along with the CELEBRATIONS TAG DIES and new Black & White Designs Designer Paper with some bright colors to dress them up! See more details here!