It’s time for our Create with Connie and Mary Inspiration Monday challenge! This week it is a batch of colorful circles!
I could have gone a couple different ways with this challenge, but I decided to use my Silver & Gold Specialty Paper (FREE during Sale-A-Bration) and color the white polka dot background with Coastal Cabana and Pacific Point Inks using a Blending Brush! The gold metallic dots act as an embossed area, so the color doesn’t stick to it! I also used two more FREE Sale-A-Bration items, Hippest Hippos and the Hippo Dies!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Pacific Point cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic White was added on top.
- The 3-3/4 x 5 layer of gold polka-dots (from the Silver & Gold Specialty Paper) was blended with Pacific Point and Coastal Cabana Inks using a Blender Brush.
- A 1 x 5 piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock was distressed along the edges and stamped with the greeting from Hippest Hippos in Memento Black Ink.
- Some Simply Elegant Gold Trim was wrapped around the end and tied in a bow. Then the strip was added to the front.
- A scallop rectangle from Scalloped Contour Dies was cut from Basic White cardstock and stamped with the hippo in Hippest Hippos stamp set with Memento Black Ink. It was colored with Gray Granite, Petal Pink, Polished Pink and Parakeet Party Stampin’ Blends.
- The flowers were cut from Polished Pink cardstock and the grass from Parakeet Party cardstock using the Hippo Dies.
- Some yellow Glossy Dots were added to the centers of the flowers! The rectangle was popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals on the front.
TOO cute…love these hippos! OK…check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Monday Challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Inks: Memento Black
Blends: Parakeet Party, Polished Pink, Petal Pink, Gray Granite
Cardstock: Basic White, Pacific Point, Coastal Cabana, Parakeet Party, Polished Pink
Accessories: Hippo Dies, Scalloped Contour Dies, Silver & Gold Specialty Paper, Blending Brushes, Simply Elegant Gold Trim, Glossy Dots, Adhesives
Use HOST CODE: NMTQADBZ
We love Stampin' Up!'s new INKED & TILED STAMP SET AND PUNCH PACK BUNDLE! The stamp images have a botanical print appearance of pressed leaves and flowers! The INKED & TILED PUNCHES can be used with the all-occasion greetings, to punch out the coordinating DSP or for cool tiled backgrounds! You can go soft and neutral or bold and bright as you wish! We featured this INKED & TILED BUNDLE with the new coordinating INKED BOTANICALS 6x6 DESIGNER PAPER for a classically timeless design! There are step-by-step instructions for EIGHT card projects. See more details HERE!
We went bananas over Stampin' Up!'s new LITTLE MONKEY STAMP SET AND PUNCH and we know you will, too!! The LITTLE MONKEY BUNDLE has tropical elements to create a fun jungle scene! Mix and match the monkeys, punched pieces and cute greetings for adorable cards and projects. Have them hanging from trees or vines while snacking on their favorite bananas! We featured this LITTLE MONKEY BUNDLE with the new REGALS 6x6 DESIGNER PAPER for some whimsical fun! There are step-by-step instructions for FOUR projects...three card ideas (one a fun fold) and gift idea that is more fun than a barrel of monkeys! See more details HERE!
Calling all crafters! Stampin' Up! just introduced a new stamp bundle called CRAFTING WITH YOU that includes something for papercrafters, knitter/crocheters, sewists, painters, needleworkers... whichever hobby you enjoy! It also includes some inspiring greetings! The CRAFTING WITH YOU DIES have some bonus images (including a TRIMMER and SCISSORS! Oh my!), along with dies to cut out the fun stamped images. We featured this CRAFTING WITH YOU BUNDLE with the new BRIGHTS 6x6 DESIGNER PAPER for some colorful fun! There are step-by-step instructions for FOUR projects...three card ideas (one a fun fold) and fun desk accessory for you and your customers to enjoy and display! More details here!
Leave a Reply