It’s time for our Create with Connie and Mary Inspiration Monday challenge! This week it is a batch of colorful circles!
I could have gone a couple different ways with this challenge, but I decided to use my Silver & Gold Specialty Paper (FREE during Sale-A-Bration) and color the white polka dot background with Coastal Cabana and Pacific Point Inks using a Blending Brush! The gold metallic dots act as an embossed area, so the color doesn’t stick to it! I also used two more FREE Sale-A-Bration items, Hippest Hippos and the Hippo Dies!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Pacific Point cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic White was added on top.
- The 3-3/4 x 5 layer of gold polka-dots (from the Silver & Gold Specialty Paper) was blended with Pacific Point and Coastal Cabana Inks using a Blender Brush.
- A 1 x 5 piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock was distressed along the edges and stamped with the greeting from Hippest Hippos in Memento Black Ink.
- Some Simply Elegant Gold Trim was wrapped around the end and tied in a bow. Then the strip was added to the front.
- A scallop rectangle from Scalloped Contour Dies was cut from Basic White cardstock and stamped with the hippo in Hippest Hippos stamp set with Memento Black Ink. It was colored with Gray Granite, Petal Pink, Polished Pink and Parakeet Party Stampin’ Blends.
- The flowers were cut from Polished Pink cardstock and the grass from Parakeet Party cardstock using the Hippo Dies.
- Some yellow Glossy Dots were added to the centers of the flowers! The rectangle was popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals on the front.
TOO cute…love these hippos! OK…check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Monday Challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Inks: Memento Black
Blends: Parakeet Party, Polished Pink, Petal Pink, Gray Granite
Cardstock: Basic White, Pacific Point, Coastal Cabana, Parakeet Party, Polished Pink
Accessories: Hippo Dies, Scalloped Contour Dies, Silver & Gold Specialty Paper, Blending Brushes, Simply Elegant Gold Trim, Glossy Dots, Adhesives
Use HOST CODE: XUBVX69X
Welcome Easter and Spring with Stampin' Up!'s EXCELLENT EGGS BUNDLE featuring a sweet bunny and different sized Easter eggs all ready for you to decorate! You won't get messy with this variety of EXCELLENT EGGS DIES to cut and color your eggs! There are additional die pieces to provide curves, zig zags and scallop accents, along with spring-time sentiments! We've combined the EXCELLENT EGGS BUNDLE with the soft pastel colors in the LIGHTER THAN AIR 6x6 DESIGNER PAPER! Our new Collection includes SIX projects...FOUR cards and TWO small table favor ideas for any spring occasion! See more details HERE!
Make someone their favorite beverage card or project by personalizing it using Stampin' Up!'s LATTE LOVE BUNDLE! This bundle is available now for demonstrators to preorder and to customers beginning March 5th as part of the new Online Exclusives offering! The hot chocolate and coffee art images are sure to bring a smile to their face. Plus, you can easily express your gratitude with the heartfelt sentiments. Combine the fun coffee mug, beans, spatters and coffee ring images with the French Press and Coffee Pot LATTE LOVE DIES in your choice of colors! We've added the coordinating A LATTE LOVE DESIGNER PAPER for even more fun iconic beverage-themed ideas! Our Collection includes SIX projects...FOUR cards and TWO gift certificate ideas! See more details here!
Stampin' Up!'s PLANTED PARADISE STAMP SET is lots of fun to mix and match and will take your love of plants to the next level! Combine the leaves, foliage and pots for an organic vibe to your projects that just might improve your mood and reduce your stress...and relax the recipient, too! This PLANTED PARADISE CARD COLLECTION is also a little different! We have gone all out on the INSIDE of each card to coordinate with the outside! (Tip: Since the finished inside COULD be used as an outside card idea, we are actually giving you 12 card design ideas...what a bargain!) We've added the PERENNIAL POSTAGE STAMP SET AND DIES to give you a variety of greetings and basic background shapes for these inside/outside cards! The POETIC EXPRESSIONS DESIGNER PAPER we used provides a soothing, muted look, too! See more details here!