It’s time for our Create with Connie and Mary Inspiration Monday challenge! This week it is a batch of colorful circles!
I could have gone a couple different ways with this challenge, but I decided to use my Silver & Gold Specialty Paper (FREE during Sale-A-Bration) and color the white polka dot background with Coastal Cabana and Pacific Point Inks using a Blending Brush! The gold metallic dots act as an embossed area, so the color doesn’t stick to it! I also used two more FREE Sale-A-Bration items, Hippest Hippos and the Hippo Dies!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Pacific Point cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic White was added on top.
- The 3-3/4 x 5 layer of gold polka-dots (from the Silver & Gold Specialty Paper) was blended with Pacific Point and Coastal Cabana Inks using a Blender Brush.
- A 1 x 5 piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock was distressed along the edges and stamped with the greeting from Hippest Hippos in Memento Black Ink.
- Some Simply Elegant Gold Trim was wrapped around the end and tied in a bow. Then the strip was added to the front.
- A scallop rectangle from Scalloped Contour Dies was cut from Basic White cardstock and stamped with the hippo in Hippest Hippos stamp set with Memento Black Ink. It was colored with Gray Granite, Petal Pink, Polished Pink and Parakeet Party Stampin’ Blends.
- The flowers were cut from Polished Pink cardstock and the grass from Parakeet Party cardstock using the Hippo Dies.
- Some yellow Glossy Dots were added to the centers of the flowers! The rectangle was popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals on the front.
TOO cute…love these hippos! OK…check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Monday Challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Inks: Memento Black
Blends: Parakeet Party, Polished Pink, Petal Pink, Gray Granite
Cardstock: Basic White, Pacific Point, Coastal Cabana, Parakeet Party, Polished Pink
Accessories: Hippo Dies, Scalloped Contour Dies, Silver & Gold Specialty Paper, Blending Brushes, Simply Elegant Gold Trim, Glossy Dots, Adhesives
Use HOST CODE: V3VR2RY9
Build your own pumpkin patch with these fun images in the PICK OF THE PATCH BUNDLE! Mix and match the different sized pumpkins, sentiments, leaves and branches, including a little face for jack-o-lanterns and a friendly crow! The unique PICK OF THE PATCH BUILDER PUNCH helps you quickly punch these images from cardstock or designer paper. We featured the PICK OF THE PATCH BUNDLE with the unexpected O HOLY NIGHT DESIGNER PAPER for some awesome night skies and jewel-tone effects! There are step-by-step instructions for THREE card designs (one a special fold) and a fall decor project! See more details here!
Check out these "jazzy" skeletons in the new BAG OF BONES BUNDLE! So many pieces to mix and max for personalized figures and scenes! Build a spooky scene with tombstones, bats, stars, and even a rickety picket fence using the BAG OF BONES DIES. This bundle is bone-a-fide fun with even a not-so-furry friend or two. Your Halloween crafts are sure to be eerie-sistible! We featured the BAG OF BONES BUNDLE with the THEM BONES DESIGNER PAPER for a spook-tacular collection! There are step-by-step instructions for TWO card designs and TWO treat holder projects! See more details here!
Fill your crate with delightful seasonal flowers and herbs to send good wishes to someone special with the RUSTIC CRATE BUNDLE! The fun RUSTIC CRATE DIES provide cute farmhouse crates, labels, hardware, and gardening gloves as accessories for your floral arrangements! Mix and match any of the sweet sentiments with any image for a personalized touch. We featured the RUSTIC CRATE BUNDLE with the ALL ABOUT AUTUMN DESIGNER PAPER! This tutorial has step-by-step instructions for four projects...three card designs (one a fun fold) and a special gift project! See more details here!