I combined THREE different stamp sets…something that I normally do not do, but for this occasion it was just appropriate. The background trees are from Winter Woods…and I wanted the yellow look in the trees for fall. That dictated a “fall” greeting that I found in Falling For Leaves stamp set. I also had this deer from Dashing Deer already stamped and sitting on my desk that matched the color scheme. I wanted it to look less “Christmasy”, so I trimmed down the antlers a bit. So…that’s a look into how my mind works sometimes! lol!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Gray Granite (my favorite gray!) cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Shimmery White was stamped with the Winter Woods trees and Stazon Black Ink.
- An AquaPainter and Crushed Curry Refill was swiped over the trees to give them a watercolor wash for fall.
- A 1-1/2 x 5-1/4 piece of Gray Granite was torn across the top and used for the “ground”. Thankful from Falling for Leaves stamp set was stamped with Memento Black Ink.
- The deer in Dashing Deer was stamped with Gray Granite and cut with the Detailed Deer Thinlits, the antlers were trimmed a little to make them shorter.
- Basic Black twine was wrapped around the neck and tied in a bow. The deer was popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
i think this would make a great masculine card for fall birthdays…change out the greeting to a birthday one! OK…go check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Our SAILING HOME COLLECTION is now available! What a wonderful nautical set...great for masculine cards or for anyone loving lighthouses and sailboats! With this EXPANDED collection, you'll get step-by-step tutorials for FOUR regular cards, ONE special fold card, plus ONE great home décor idea! That's a total of SIX tutorials! See the details HERE!