I combined THREE different stamp sets…something that I normally do not do, but for this occasion it was just appropriate. The background trees are from Winter Woods…and I wanted the yellow look in the trees for fall. That dictated a “fall” greeting that I found in Falling For Leaves stamp set. I also had this deer from Dashing Deer already stamped and sitting on my desk that matched the color scheme. I wanted it to look less “Christmasy”, so I trimmed down the antlers a bit. So…that’s a look into how my mind works sometimes! lol!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Gray Granite (my favorite gray!) cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Shimmery White was stamped with the Winter Woods trees and Stazon Black Ink.
- An AquaPainter and Crushed Curry Refill was swiped over the trees to give them a watercolor wash for fall.
- A 1-1/2 x 5-1/4 piece of Gray Granite was torn across the top and used for the “ground”. Thankful from Falling for Leaves stamp set was stamped with Memento Black Ink.
- The deer in Dashing Deer was stamped with Gray Granite and cut with the Detailed Deer Thinlits, the antlers were trimmed a little to make them shorter.
- Basic Black twine was wrapped around the neck and tied in a bow. The deer was popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
i think this would make a great masculine card for fall birthdays…change out the greeting to a birthday one! OK…go check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Our next Collection of tutorials features the GORGEOUS Christmas Gleaming Bundle! The Brightly Gleaming Suite of products are striking with their copper accents and the Hammered Metal Embossing Folder goes with everything! We've used the Christmas Gleaming Stamp Set and Gleaming Ornaments Punch Pack for our tutorial Collection of three cards (one a special fun fold) and a extremely useful 3D project that would be fun as it's own class! See more details HERE!